album art browser?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by flat6, Mar 17, 2005.

1. flat6 macrumors regular

Anything that'll go through my iTunes library and show a browsable gallery of cover art?

2. flat6 thread starter macrumors regular

I know someone out there has this program....

3. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

Use Clutter or AllMusic.com

The program I use is called Clutter. It lists my iTunes library and browses through Amazon.com for album covers. Once it locates an album cover you make it copy to iTunes and then the artwork is part of the files. This will make each file bigger so make sure your artwork selection is a reasonable size.

www.sprote.com/clutter/

If an album cover is not available on Clutter then try the following page where you can find album artwork the good ol' fashioned way.

www.allmusic.com

4. flat6 thread starter macrumors regular

Hmmm, I probably should have been clearer. I have ~1000 songs that already have album art embedded into the MP3 file. I'd like an app that allows me to browse through them, just like a picture book of sorts...

5. unispherephoto macrumors member

unispherephoto

clutter also allows you to view art thats already embedded.

6. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

Album art browser

Flat6 needs something that can display album covers the way iPhoto displays photos. No such application exists but I guess that with Automator in OS X 10.4 you could create an Applescript that exports album covers into iPhoto.

Maybe the next iTunes could feature something like what Flat6 is asking for.