Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

secondcup

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
Gotta call BS on Apple for this one (if I did something wrong however, I reserve the right to apologize in advance!). I just bought the new CD today, not from iTunes, but a physical CD. After importing into iTunes, the album artwork does not show up. I thought Apple used to provide artwork regardless of where you purchased. Has something changed?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
iTunes will try to download artwork, if it's available. There's no guarantee. Rather than fuss with iTunes about it, why not just add the artwork yourself? You can get much higher quality artwork than iTunes offers, such as here.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
The album isn't actually released till tomorrow (at least in the UK). So iTunes won't let you download the art until then...

secondcup

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
The album isn't actually released till tomorrow (at least in the UK). So iTunes won't let you download the art until then...

Thanks! I'll try again after it's been released everywhere. Great album...by the way! ;)

secondcup

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
iTunes will try to download artwork, if it's available. There's no guarantee. Rather than fuss with iTunes about it, why not just add the artwork yourself? You can get much higher quality artwork than iTunes offers, such as here.

GG - Thanks! Nice site and a good resource...tou rock!

:)

sc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.