Album art WITHOUT iTunes??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by powz, Nov 24, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

Apr 24, 2007
    Does anyone know of a program or iTunes plug-in that automates the process of getting album art for multiple songs BESIDES the "Get Album Art" feature in iTunes? I just don't want to give the iTunes Store my credit card info, which is what I'll have to do to access the "Get Album Art" feature. I've found a few programs but they seem to only allow you to add album art manually, one song at a time, which I'll probably be doing for the next 2 years for all my songs... There must be some way of getting album art for people who don't use iTunes or who simply don't want to sign up for the iTunes Store...

Thanks all.
  2. Retired

May 16, 2006
    I've never tried it, but there is a script on this page that may do it :)
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

Apr 24, 2007
    I tried the script but unfortunately it only searches one song at a time and I have to manually drag the artwork into iTunes. Thanks for your suggestion, though.
  4. SXR
    macrumors 6502a

Nov 20, 2007
    You can also sign up with the iTunes store with a ClickandBuy account , not your credit card. I did that because I dont have a credit card. That way , you don't have to give them your CC info. But the Get album art feature sucks sometimes, the meta data has to be correct to get the album art.
  5. macrumors 6502

Jul 27, 2007
    I used to go to for album art, but found that a lot of their stuff is pretty low res, so I go to now, and it seemingly has all the albums you could look for, even some bootleg Doors stuff I had surprisingly enough. It may not be as ideal as a program that automatically does it, but it is a nice alternative if you are willing to put the time in.
  6. thread starter macrumors regular

Apr 24, 2007
    Thanks for the link. Should come in handy for some of my low-res album work.

I'm still looking for an automated program if anyone know of one.

7. macrumors G3

Jun 3, 2006
    One Nation Under Gordon
    Don't know of one for Mac. Oodles for me though. Is it worth Boot Camping?
  8. macrumors 6502a

Aug 28, 2006
    In a Mac box
    What is the name of the program that you use?
  9. macrumors 6502

Aug 28, 2006
    thanks for the link that will definitely come in handy for me.
  10. macrumors newbie

Jun 27, 2009
    But you have to go to a payzone & put money into the account