Album art

Discussion in 'iPod' started by bollard, Oct 11, 2005.

1. bollard macrumors regular

I've just started importing my CD collection into iTunes. Quick question do I only get album art on tracks I buy from ITMS or can I get them for my own CD's. Cheers for your help.

2. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

Not automatically, but you can add album art yourself, and I think there are some tools you can download to help you. Have you done a search on album art and itunes and similar on google?

3. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

There are widgets that help you do this so pop on over to Apple's website.

4. Johnny Rico macrumors 6502

5. bankshot macrumors 65816

bankshot

I haven't tried any of the widgets that may be available for this, but I've been using Clutter to do this for a long time. It automatically searches amazon.com, and there's a menu item to 'Copy Cover To iTunes'. That's all I do with it - fire up Clutter when I import a new CD, grab the cover art, copy it to iTunes, and quit Clutter. I guess Clutter is meant to be like a controller for iTunes, but I don't use it that way at all.

If you don't get a good cover art image on the first try, you can do an advanced search on Amazon, which will list all results for the current album. Sometimes there's a better one in there. Or failing that, Cmd-G will go search Google (when I do this, I immediately click on the Images link at Google, which is where Clutter should have gone in the first place). Going this route, I try to find the highest resolution match that's also a perfect square on Google. Then simply drag the full size image from Safari to Clutter, and boom, done.