Album Artwork not displaying.

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ENDLESS RAIN, Aug 10, 2006.

1. ENDLESS RAIN macrumors newbie

For a lot of the files I have on my iPod, the artwork fails to display. This has been a problem for a while. I have ripped of the disc, so I don't think that's the case. I have the "display album artwork" box checked, and I am using an iPod Nano. Thanks. Also, in the iTunes panel where it displays the artwork, the artwork shows. Just not on the iPod itself.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Just to clarify, does the artwork for the files show up in iTunes?

3. maddav macrumors 6502

maddav

If your artwork is displaying in itunes, then the following steps should solve your problem:

Connect iPod & go to iPod options and uncheck the "display album artwork" box. Click ok to confirm.

You should then get a message in iTunes indicating that the artwork is being deleted from your iPod, wait for this to finish.

Now go back into iPod options and check the "display album artwork" box and click ok, now you should get a message saying optimizing artwork for ipod or something along those lines.

Once that's finished, eject your iPod and your artwork should be all sorted :)

4. ENDLESS RAIN thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, but it still doesn't work. And yes, the artwork displays in iTunes. Do I need to add the artwork for a second time?

Edit: For some files it works. Oddly enough, the artwork would display for one song of the album, but not an other, when I have clearly ripped it from the same disc.

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

You do realize that the artwork is only added to whatever files you add it to, and it has little to do with how they were added to your library and from what source.

Do the individual files that don't show on the iPod also have artwork in iTunes or not?

B