"Album by Year" in iTunes 7?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by elbirth, Sep 13, 2006.

1. elbirth macrumors 65816

I was listening to music today and switched over to coverflow view to play around. Yesterday I noticed coverflow showed every single track in my playlist, so I saw tons of the same album art over and over. I couldn't figure out how to change this..... then today I had my playlist sorted by Album (instead of Artist) and it showed just 1 album art per actual album (not one for each song) which I liked.

After a while I hid iTunes and when I brought it back up, I noticed my albums weren't in the same order. And then I noticed that the sort column instead now says "Album by Year". Thinking maybe I had done something (I had changed shuffle preferences earlier) I looked in the preferences but found nothing...

Does anyone know why it's sorting them based on the year of the album and not the albums alphabetically like I want? I've tried looking online some but haven't come across anything yet.

2. elbirth thread starter macrumors 65816

In case anyone else happens to encounter this, I was able to finally figure out after someone pointed this out to me-

Just clicking on the column title makes it change back and forth, which is apparently what I had done while chaning sort order.