Album release dates in iTunes Store search?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by rprebel, Nov 29, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

rprebel

iTunes 11 has removed the release dates from the search results, and now I have no idea which albums are new releases. Does anybody know how to get them back, assuming it's even possible? Here's why this is a problem. I listen to Vocaloid music. More specifically, Megurine Luka music (GUMI and IA too). When you do a search for Megurine Luka, you get a list of songs and albums from dozens of artists. That's fine; that's what should happen. Where they went wrong is with the release dates. If you want to see which albums (out of hundreds) are new, you look at the release dates...which are now gone.

Ideas?

2. macrumors 68000

rorschach

Is this what you're seeing:

[​IMG]

I think the store is buggy right now. That's not how it's supposed to look. I'd wait a little bit for them to fix the rendering/formatting and see if it's still missing.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

rprebel

Good point. Patience, then.

To answer your question, no. This is what I'm seeing. Until now, the release dates were (I believe) under the artist name. It was a very handy feature.

[​IMG]

4. macrumors 6502a

djsound

this is totally ridiculous that we cant search for he most recent albums from our favourite artists. :mad:

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

rprebel

I've emailed them a few times, asking why it was removed and if they could put it back in the listings. Never a response. If you don't mind doing the same, I'd appreciate it.:)