Album won't read

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DeSnousa, Mar 17, 2005.

1. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

hey, i just got home with the "hits of the beach boys" (classic) any way i stuck the cd in the drive for iTunes to encode. Instead it does not get read by the drive, about 3min later it say, mac osx is unable to the volume, or something like that.

any thoughts, oh yeah my computer is a iBook, the newest model.

Thanks alot in advance.

2. thecow macrumors 6502

Either your CD is bad or the drive is dead. Exchange the CD and get a new one. It's probably on itms to.

3. DeSnousa thread starter macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

I don't think the drive is dead as i had bought 7 other cd's which worked fine, i am able to play the album in my cd player if that helps too.

4. DeSnousa thread starter macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

okay i just got back with a replacement cd and still not working. Does any one have an idea.

5. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

FWIW, I have several CDs that simply will not read in one computer or another. Sometimes a CD won't read in my Powerbook, but will read in my desktop PC, or maybe a CD won't read in my PC but will read in my Powerbook, etc. If I get another copy of the exact same CD, it usually will read fine. I haven't been able to figure out what causes it, but it's irritating. You might try reading the CD in another computer.

6. Eastend macrumors 6502

It could also be an encoded CD which is to say it is not really a CD at all, does it say CD anywhere? If it is encoded it could screw up your Mac. Even so they come out with these things all the time in Japan, I love to try and break them. Please what is the name of the CD and artist and company who made it, I want to buy it.

Thanks, in advance Brian

7. DeSnousa thread starter macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

nah it does not show up with the cd.

The cd is

'Hits of the Beach Boys'
    By- (you guess it) the 'Beach Boys'
    Publisher- EMI records Year- 2002

Enjoy and your welcome.

8. Eastend macrumors 6502

First off thanks for the information, I will check this out too. You were confused with my question though, what I mean is, did the CD's box actually say that it was a CD, is it written on the box as a CD? Also, sometimes they actually write on the Jewel case cover somewhere that this is an encoded or encrypted type of CD that cannot be copied. Therefore sometimes you cannot even put them into a computer without them spitting them back out at you or jamming your machine. You had no trouble putting it into the machine? You had no trouble getting it out of the machine? You say it will not even mount on the desktop? If you can mount it on the desktop, double click it and drag the Aiff files to your desktop, in OS X you can do this. If you can do that then you will have to enter the names of the songs and all data by hand. If you cannot drag them to the desktop, then try the Aiff files one at a time, sometimes the encryption is only in one track. Anyway, if it is encrypted or something like that, there are numerous ways they are doing this now, you just have to fool around with it if it is encrypted at all, you may have another problem altogether.

Keep us posted as to what you do.

Brian

9. Eastend macrumors 6502

Hits of the Beachboys comes up dead with a search on Amazon.com, what is the exact title?

Brian

10. Bear macrumors G3

Rememeber in different countries, albums may have different titles. Also, hey sometimes release different compilations in different countries.

The original poster is in Australia, so you would need to search an Australian music store, not amazon.com which is US based with som eimports.

11. Eastend macrumors 6502

Thanks Bear, did not even think of that, hope they have an Amazon or something in Australia, if they do not my nephew is doing a job of underwarter diving over there now, so maybe he can get it for me.

Brian

12. DeSnousa thread starter macrumors 68000

DeSnousa