Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

comatory

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2012
OK, imagine this - with the rumors of new Apple TV OS that allow for third party apps. You could have Vjay mixer app which could accept more than one Airplay stream.

People could collaboratively mix visuals using iPads and Apple TV as output mix.

I know it's a wild idea and definitely nothing that serious pro would use (I bet hardware video mixer still rules) but it would be so much fun. Maybe even integrate it with Djay app so you could add music to the output via ATV.

I can see that for some quick gigs using iPad + vjay app and Apple TV plugged to projector would be OK if they add bit more features. It'd be like super portable VJ rig.

moderngamenewb

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
As an owner of Djay for Mac/iPhone/iPad I can say that with Algoriddim you should "expect" plenty of updates and improvements.

I'm more worried about getting great video content to mashup.

A couple of questions then. One, does it work with purchased videos from iTunes? Two, are you able to release a Free Trial/Lite version of the app so we can try it before we buy it?

cerote

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2009
Someone doesn't watch South Park.

Pretty sure it was Oprah that pushed that forward. Southpark ran with it.

(Never watched her but that clip went viral.)

I want to try this app out. Maybe I will grab it in a couple weeks.

Luis Ortega

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2007
A couple of questions then. One, does it work with purchased videos from iTunes? Two, are you able to release a Free Trial/Lite version of the app so we can try it before we buy it?

It is underwhelming.
A few canned effects that begin to look boring after you've played with them for 1/2 an hour.
But if you simply think of it as a typical ios app, and just want to play with it, then you won't regret spending the 10 dollars.
It is to video editing what phone texting is to word processing.

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
I've been playing with the app. It works well but has crashed on me a couple of times already. Might not be practical right now for anything other than a small party.

I remember going to "video dance" clubs back in the 80's. A fun app just to re-live the old days. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.