Alias, season 4

Discussion in 'Community' started by Doctor Q, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

The Alias TV show returns for its fourth season starting January 5 at 9pm, in a two-hour premiere titled "Authorized Personnel Only" (Parts I and II). ABC and J.J. Abrams (show creator) promise to run Season 4 Alias episodes on consecutive weeks, quite a change from Season 3, where large holes in the schedule interfered with viewers' enjoyment. The show will air immediately after J.J.'s other ABC hit, Lost, so the shows can build on each other's popularity.

The first Alias Season 4 promo began airing last night, with these words: She can be anyone... anywhere... anytime... The new season ... The new night... Wednesday... Alias. If you watch a frame at a time, you see the word "Mission" appear just before some of these titles.

Our favorite characters Sydney, Vaughn, Jack, Dixon, Marshall, Sloane, and Weiss are back, along with Nadia, Sydney's half-sister. Presumably, the first episode(s) will give a little help to viewers who didn't watch the show in previous seasons or to fans who are a little rusty on the good guy/bad guy lineup, the Bristow/Sloane family secrets, and other aspects of the show.

The first five episodes are titled "Authorized Personnel Only", "The Awful Truth", "Détente", "Ice", and "Nocturne".

Previous Alias threads: Does everyone watch Alias?, Does anybody here like Alias?, and Alias, season 3.

A photo from alias-media.com:

Attached Files:

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

I, for one, and excited about the new season (and not just because of Jennifer Garner). It's not surprising that they're pulling it to Wednesdays due to the success of Desperate Housewives, and tying it into Lost is probably a good move. I just wish they had done it earlier.

Also, the airing on consecutive weeks is probably easier since it's mid-week instead of Sunday, so things like the Super Bowl, March Madness, Awards shows, etc., won't impact the schedule.

3. Doctor Q thread starter Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

We'll have both Alias and the Macworld conference on the 2nd week of January. I hope we can stand the excitement! Might the Alias episode title that week ("The Awful Truth") have anything to do with Macworld? Hmmmm.

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I just saw the commercial last evening for the premiere of the new Alias season 4. Wonder what the reason was for changing it to Wednesday night. "The Awful Truth" could be taken two ways, I'll take the positive for our beloved MacWorld. Are you going to attend Doctor Q?

5. emw macrumors G4

emw

Desperate Housewives. It's doing so well that they don't want to mess it up - it's the number one show, knocking off even the CSI steamroller at CBS. And it runs in Alias' former time slot.

6. emw macrumors G4

emw

I'm going to keep an eye on the show for any G5 PowerBook hints... :D

7. Doctor Q thread starter Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Jennifer Garner will host Saturday Night Live on January 15. Gee, what a coincidence: that's the very same month they'd want her to be out promoting the show!

8. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

alias is great, even the average episodes i see people review are good in my book! I started watching lost for one reason, JJ Abrams hes a great writer/director/producer type person who really knows how to tell a good story. I have been glued to alias since season 1 and have been waiting for this and 24 for what seems like forever. According to several interviews season 4 is meant to take the show back to its roots, its meant to have a more underground feel to it. Apparently JJ Abrams wasn't really happy with the direction that the season took after he took on more responsibilities (ie lost and more script writing) Thats not to say that he wasn't involved because he was but he felt that when he looked back on it and the episodes that it really wasn't where he hoped it would be after its third season. So Abrams now is focused on delivering a top notch show.

So this season should rock more than any previous season of alias, cool huh? :D

9. urban1985_ macrumors regular

Damn I love this show. I haven't been able to catch up on it. I think the last season I watched was when Sydney woke up years in the future. Last episode I can remember is when Dixon accidentally shot Sloane's wife. I don't even remember that well.

I'm excited about the new season though. What's this about a half sister. Anyone know where I can catch up on Alias episodes? Hmm maybe abc.com still has season by season epi guides?

10. Doctor Q thread starter Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Yes. You can review Season 3.

11. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

Also.. and probably more likely, thats the same weekend "Elektra" is released.

I rented the first 3 seasons from Netflix, and honestly I was very disapointed. The first few episodes were good, but after about 80% thru the first season they obviously ran out of ideas. At first the Rambaldi story rocked, but when the writers continually dragged it out and took it nowhere (as well as the her mother, father and sloane) I felt as if I was just being knocked around in circles.

It is to be expected in TV. the 2nd and 3rd seasons of 24, and the 4th season of the West Wing all fell apart in the same way. I imagine the writers just putting pieces of papers in different buckets... "ok.. who gets shot this week?.. (picks form first "gets shot" bucket)

"Will gets shot"... Yay!!

(picks from second "Sydnet flies to" bucket) "Sydney flies to Russia!"

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That may just be a reason to watch 'Saturday Night Live." Jennifer may just liven things up.

I'm still wondering why they are moving the show to Wednesday? My wife has been watching "CSI:NY," but she said that she likes "Alias" more. Why cause us to make hard choices.

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Well it's almost here, just a little over 5 hours till the 4th season premiere of "Alias." My wife is in anxious anticipation of the two hour premiere tonight at 9pm EST. I'm sure that Doctor Q is also counting down the hours.

Jennifer Garner is beautiful young lady. :D

14. emw macrumors G4

emw

I agree - can't wait for the season to start, and I'm also ready to finally get a new episode of Lost. Hopefully they'll both be good and will make the wait worthwhile.

15. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I plan on watching the last episode from the Season 3 DVD set tonight, before the new one airs, just so I'm all up to speed again.

I heard the lovely Miss Garner was in the hospital with some sort of viral infection, and was cancelling all engagements for the next week or so. She may not be on SNL next week after all, and may even be missing the premiere party for Elektra as well.

16. emw macrumors G4

emw

Serves her right for dating Ben...

17. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I guess he got possession of all the "Ben 'n' Jen" towels from his prior relationship? :p

18. Doctor Q thread starter Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

This thread and the Lost thread are ones I don't read promptly on show nights. I don't want to know what happened on the shows until we get to see them here in la-la land.

19. JeresGirl macrumors newbie

Help

Ok so I am new here but I am trying to find a way to view the season four premiere... my stupid vcr was programmed to tape it because I had to work and the stupid thing didn't work... Can anyone help me out?

20. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

Not a bad show, not bad at all... could have used a short refresher at the beginning, but the 22 commercial-free minutes were certainly nice... but I don't remember Irina getting killed. When in season 3 was that?

21. ToddW macrumors 6502a

i think on the last episode. but i'm not sure still trying to figure that one out.

22. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be

i thought she was married to Scott Foley, but then i saw they divorced last year....why on earth would she date Ben Affleck, he's an idiot.

23. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Saw the show last night, and I'm glad to see it back. I needed to do a lot of mental catching up (I think I missed a few episodes at the end of season 3), but I felt I could follow along well enough.

I have a theory on Slone it may be a spolier for the episode, so I've whited it out below:
    I think Sloan is up to his old tricks... the attack on the terrorist was a set up. He used it to get his own operative into the APO, Nadia. He used the same info on the source of Irina's death to get her on his side, but didn't tell her that Jack signed it only to save Syndey's life. This puts Nadia in a place of trust with the other operatives (something Sloan lacks), but has her motivated to serve Sloan's agenda... then again it is just a theory....

As for Ben dating Jen... well he's just going through all the famous Jen's, next is Jennifer Love-Hewitt. Jennifer Aniston will be after that; Ben will catch her on the rebound from Brad Pitt. :D

P.S. Did anybody not the irony of using a Cat Stevens song at the end of the show?? It's a show about combating terrorists (and other bad guys) using a song from a man that was denied entry into the US for suspected terrorist ties!

24. MacUser1 macrumors 6502

MacUser1

Watched the premiere last night and thought it was a good show. I always wanted to start watching it before, but I've just been too busy. I might have to rent or buy the DVD's to review. :)

25. Doctor Q thread starter Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Awwww, how cute. The old gang's together again.

A great way to keep the family intrigue going, although it wasn't clear whether or not Sydney faced a tough choice about whether to tell Nadia what she knew about Irina.

I hope Sydney won't spend long accepting missions while making snide remarks under her breath like a kid in school who resents being there.

How long before Eric Weiss figures out where everyone went? I think it won't be long. Does Marshall still work at the "above ground" part of the CIA too?

Did that priceless Shintaro sword get all dented and scratched when Tomazaki used it to fight Sydney?