Alias Sketchbook Pro problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Stadsport, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Stadsport macrumors regular

Nov 9, 2006
    I just downloaded SketchBook Pro for Mac for use on my MacBook (i'm trying to find a good mac alternative to openCanvas 1.1). Its a terrific program I've used in the past, but it has a fatal flaw on OS X, at least on an Intel mac. When I draw with it, nothing appears, but if I had the app (or do something like change settings that causes the canvas to redraw) then it appears, but the mouse cursor kind of destroys the image as I move over it. See the screenshot.
    Google yields no help, so I'm kind of stuck. Anyone have this problem? Solution?

Attached Files:

2. ghowland macrumors newbie

May 4, 2008
    Same problem...

Im having the same problem youre having, and I didnt used to have it.

SBP worked properly for a number of months, but then started doing this. Initially I thought it was a Cintiq driver problem, but that doesnt seem to have any effect and all other mouse features work properly.

I am assuming something is corrupt in some file that SBP uses and isnt in the application directory, since I removed SBP and re-added it.

Im planning on scouring the drive foir other SBP related files and deleting them, then restarting and hopefully having it work again as it used to. Ill update if I get it working with what I did.

Just thought I'd post that Im having the same problem, and have also found no information on how to fix it. It's terribly supported for such a great little app.