Aliens Flying Over Central Wisconsin?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Toppa G's, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

Local news stations in the Wausau and Green Bay communities are reporting on a loud booming noise and a bright light streaking across the skies. Residents in these communities report seeing a light "like a spotlight shining on me, so I started running because I was scared." It is widely believed to be a meteor, but I want to be the first to welcome any alien overlords. :D

edit: Here's a report from WSAW (CBS affiliate from Wausau, WI): What Was In The Sky?"

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

The headlines read "Who cut the cheese?"

I remember some silliness like that in the 1970s near I-70 and the Indiana/Ohio state line. It was suggested that the military was testing stealth aircraft out of Wright-Patterson AFB.

3. sarae macrumors 6502

Well, down here in Madison there was nothing on the news.. just a buncha snow. Aliens must know to stay away from us liberals. :D

4. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Haha, better stay away from me aliens! I had chili tonight! Wheee-hoo!! :D

5. Toppa G's thread starter macrumors 6502

The consensus seems to be that it was indeed a meteor. Must have been somewhat sizeable. Of course, the news was happy to make a big deal out of the "mysteriousness" surrounding it, since Wisconsin has the 2nd largest amount of UFO "sightings" in the United States (behind New Mexico) :D

6. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

7. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

Is there any correlation between these UFO sightings and the amount of alcohol consumed by the average Wisconsin resident? :D

8. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

Moonshine? Absint?

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm thinking if it makes a big boom, its not an alien.....

And especially with the sky lighting up and a big rumble. I'd love to see one of these myself someday.

D

10. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

What if they're using their grandfather's 40 year old spacecraft and it doesn't run well and sometimes, the exhaust explodes? ;)

11. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Sorry guys, it was me, my USSR issued mig-29 malfunctioned over wisconsin that night.

*Peeks out window, sees 15 men in black suits running up front path*

I'll be leaving now. <connection terminated>

;)

12. Toppa G's thread starter macrumors 6502

Haven't heard anything about it after a quick scan of local newspapers and TV station websites. Since no organizations caught it on their respective radars, I think it is probably difficult to determine a possible landing area. It would be cool to find though :D

13. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Hopefully it wouldn't contain something like The Blob (http://imdb.com/title/tt0051418/?fr...9dGhlIGJsb2J8aHRtbD0xfG5tPW9u;fc=2;ft=21;fm=1), if you haven't seen it, it's required watching. :D

14. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

>>"It's probably the most incredible sight i've ever seen, a huge trail of light ball of fire moving across the sky, i've seen a lot of things this was just an incredible sight," says Anne Hanzel.

>>"Here i see this light it looks like a spotlight shining on me and i just started running cause i was scared,"

Put these in a "hey dere, Ima from Wisconsin yah" accent and it's pretty funny. The news always finds the goofiest people to quote.

15. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I can just see the news reporters wearing suits and ties, venturing out onto this farm where this lady with three teeth and a limp comes out and gives them an interview. HeeHaw! :D

16. sarae macrumors 6502

Woah, if you're imagining some accent circa Fargo, just remember: that's North Dakota! We Wisconsinites talk just fine.

17. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

Wrong, they were from Minnesota. I live in the town where the movie is supposed to take place.... Brainerd,MN.

As far as the Wisconsin accent goes, it's similar to a Minnesota one, especially in northern Wisconsin.