Aliens on the Moon?

Discussion in 'Community' started by MacAztec, Aug 18, 2002.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

I think so...
    I just did a little research online, and some commong knowledge.

Here is my thinking.

Why did NASA cancel the last Apollo Moon Mission? Everything was go, rocket built, but it was just suddenly stopped....

Why don't we visit the moon again? I believe that we saw something on the moon that told us not to come back, and I believe that the species was mining crystal on the moon, just do research....

Why dont we set up a station on the dark side of the moon for viewing? We have the hubble telescope, but IMO an actually station on the moon, which gets NO sunlight, would be a much greater viewing area. And since there is no transmission to earth from the dark side, send a rebounding satellite into orbit!

I read about quite a few people in australia that saw the uncut moon footage. Since we had a satellite over Australlia, rebounding the signal from the dark side, that is probly why....

They said that them and their friends saw and heard different things. They heard the Astronauts saying how "huge and amazing" Luna is (Luna is supposedly the codename for the alien mining base on the Moon)

If the moon is part of the Pacific Ocean, that means there is valuable minerals there, so there can be mining.

Neil Armstrong supposedly said that the aliens send small ships to earth for probing, but the motherships are on the moon, and are far ahead of our technology....

I really believe there is something on the moon. Why not go back? Why not send the last Apollo, it was already built, they just were told not to send it.

What do you think? Do some research on Google under "Apollo Moon Landing Aliens" and you can read some pretty cool stuff

2. job macrumors 68040

job

I've also heard rumors of all those ill-fated Mars missions in which the satellites were destroyed or just "quit working..."

Hmmm....very interesting.

And the information obtained from the Mars Observer to this day still remains classified....

3. Dignan macrumors 6502a

Dignan

I'm waiting for the punchline...or you to acknowledge this as a joke...

4. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Money, money, money. Luna was boring and unprofitable, basically a giant asteroid. A telescope on the other side of Luna would be fine but NASA simply does not have the budget for it.

BTW Luna is the real name of the moon, hence the term Lunar.

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Re: Aliens on the Moon?

The problem of drug abuse is far more widespread than one imagines.

:)
    pnw

6. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Ummmm

No joke here.

Why is it that the...what is it like 3-4 missions to mars have all just "lost contact."

remember the one with the balls that were supposed to crash into the soil and take samples? Lost contact...

The satellite? Who knows!!!

Atleast with a friggin moon base, we know we wont lose contact....or will we?

So, can you tell me why we dont go back? Rocket nowadays would cost less, for it would be smaller, small computers, more high tech, less fuel....etc.....

Why??

7. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

Re: Ummmm

what do you mean "why?"...

like you said../ we have a lotta new technologies now, including technologies that allow us to knopw whats on the dark side of the moon..

whats the point of sending a base up there if we already know whats there?

8. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Look at NASA, that is your answer for why we haven't gone back. We haven't left orbit for over 20 years and have these shuttles that are falling apart. NASA cancelled the project to replace the shuttle when it was 90% done. The government spends massive amounts of money but none on NASA because it is not an active political issue. The theory that the moon is a former part of the Earth is in dobut, there is no evidence of valuable minerals there. NASA lacks funding and initiative.

9. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Actually....

What technology do we have that shows us what IS on the dark side of the moon? If we have the money to send John Glen into space, we should be able to go to the moon.

Whats on the dark side? People say aliens....can someone do a little research online?

10. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

This is as simple as I can explain it:
    In the 1960's NASA got money becuase politicians supported the issue. They supported it because it would get them more votes if they supported it. People would vote for politicians who supported NASA because they wanted to feel superior to the Russians. In present day the average person doesn't really care what NASA does. The politicians can get more votes by supporting issues like Medicare and military spending.

11. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

maybe it was just in Australia but they had a documentary very recently about a ceertain conspiracy theory saying the whole moon landings were a massive hoax...all the evidence was pretty damn realistic but the only problem was that it seems stange that everyone involved could keep their mouth shut...
    welll supporting the theory, why did the flag blow with no wind?, how did they go through the radiation thing on the way to the moon without anything happening? why did many NASA staff die in unexpected accidents etc...there was plenty more but you get the point..the general drift was that it was filmed in that Area 51 (2, 3??) in the desert where there are craters and all...in the footage, there was even multiple light sources and therefore many shadows...

12. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Actually....

Oh the inanity and ignorance - The whole moon has been mapped to very high resolution, you can go and see it all if you'd like at nasa.com - and there is no darkside of the moon as you think it to be.

As the moon orbits the earth, one side, the same side is always facing us, so from the ground we can only see one side. The other side isn't in perpetual darkness, otherwise the moon would always be a full moon. When we have a new moon, the other side, facing away from earth is in total sunlight. The moon's day is 28 earth days long.

Now, there is a great little website, which I haven't been able to find in a quick search, but I did find an image - this is a spherical texture map of the whole moon - without shadows. Take any 3d app and wrap this one around it and you'll see all the hidden parts of the moon.

D

Attached Files:

13. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

14. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

The flag didn't blow, it just stood up because it was held in place by a hidden horizontal bar embedded into the top of the flag and attached to the main flagpole. As for the radiation issue, the exposure wasn't long enough to cause any significant damage.

15. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

the only evidence here is that there are some people with way too much time on there hands. The amount of money spent on the Apollo project was, well, astronomical. And to say it was all done as a hoax for Cold War issues is going a bit too far.

16. el_aarono macrumors member

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

Here is a good website that addresses a show that aired on Fox about the Moon Landing "Hoax". The guy who made the website shoots down every single one of the TV shows claims that the moon landing was faked and has solid reasoning/evidence.

A lot of people think they faked the moon landing to win the cold war. I say, why fake it when you can actually do it?!

Anyway check out this site:

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

el_aarono

17. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

badastromony.com is one of my favorite science sites. I love the movie/tv reviews. Very nicely done and its become a pretty damn big site, besides, I'm in total agreement with what he's doing. I just wish more people realised it.

D

18. iH8Quark macrumors 6502

Okay, MacAztec, I hope you wrote this thread under the influence of some particularly friendly mushrooms.

19. iH8Quark macrumors 6502

I can't even get decent cell phone reception ON the planet. Let alone on Mars. Get a grip.

20. Dignan macrumors 6502a

Dignan

And come on, id like to see you make a satellite that goes all the way to mars and has no problems. I would expect stuff to go wrong, nasa doesnt have that much cash...

And you think these "aliens" wouldnt try and come over here? send stuff our way besides little pods to probe people? I find it to be complete crap that you could only believe if the mob mentality of these people with way too much time took over my brain.

If you believe that landing on the moon is a hoax....why wont you believe that people saying the moon landing is a hoax, is in fact itself a hoax?

21. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Give me a couple billion dollars and a team of geniuses and i will

22. Dignan macrumors 6502a

Dignan

well, i guess you wont...

because aliens will intercept it

23. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

You could do if for a lot less than a billion dollars.

I read an article on Space.com about the plans for any manned mission to Mars. In part of it, someone did the rounds 5 years ago, going up to all the multi billionaires - Gates, Turner, etc. to see if they would invest their excesses to a governement/private endeavor to get some one to Mars and back.

It got no where.

24. Dignan macrumors 6502a

Dignan

Wanna know why it got no where?

Cause bill gates knows whats on the dark side of the moon.

And ted turner couldnt make a mini series out of it.

25. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I think I can explain why we've had the crashes and lost contact. A part time C instructor at school checks code for NASA. Unfortunately, we found that he really didn't know how to write code, he just knows how to read it. I have my doubts as to whether he could find logic errors at all. He can only really find the syntactic errors. :D