Alistair Cooke's Bones stolen!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Lord Blackadder, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

May 7, 2004
    Sod off

A death in the family is a difficult time, but to have parts of a loved one's body stolen and sold on the black market is downright sick....not to mention the fact that in this case a deceased bone cancer victim had his bones taken to be used on patients who needed healthy tissues. Sick, sick sick.:mad:

I hope they bust this illegal ring of sickos wide open.
  2. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

Sep 13, 2003
    Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Don't know if they needed healthy tissue or not. I can see some use to getting cancerous tissue in and then curing the cancer. The cancerous bone will grow to fill in gaps much quicker (it won't calcify properly) but once you kill of the cancer the loose matrix will be rapidly colonized.

Also I always did find something creepy about him... no wait that was alistair crowley. Never mind.
  3. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

May 7, 2004
    Sod off
    I think the issue was more that the bone was advertised on the black market as being healthy when it clearly was not.

I've heard of tumors being used to rapidly grow tissue but never cancerous bone. Of course, I hardly know everything. ;)
  4. thedude110 macrumors 68020

Jun 13, 2005
    I remember him so well from Masterpiece Theatre -- I mean, so freaking well. I wouldn't be surprise if Cooke has a mini cult following -- maybe somebody has the old MT set in their basement and is propping ol' Alistair up at this very moment ...

Yes. Sick. Disgraceful.

5. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Aug 1, 2004
    The City of Culture, Englandshire
    I saw the headline earlier and (before reading the story) made the assumption that they'd been stolen for some kind of macabre collector. Turns out instead that it's the work of modern day body snatchers. It makes you wonder just how widespread this practice is – and in the case of the victim being cremated, any evidence that the body has been tampered with literally goes up in smoke.
  6. jora1 macrumors newbie

Dec 24, 2005
    I also want to discuss about the cancer which is very serious disorder no doubt. At the some previous stages doctors can solve it but after some higher stages this will be unable to solve this and this goes through the death.Vepesid classifications are giving the good work in this position.
    Please go through the link above for some detailed pattern.