Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daanodinot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2015
I'm considering the move from Gmail to iCloud, especially now that I've purchased a Mac and have moved every other service except Gmail to iCloud already.

However, one of the hurdles is, ironically, Apple. Gmail is set as the primary address of my Apple ID, and iCloud as the secondary. As I believe it's impossible to change Gmail to be your primary address, my question is if it's possible to receive all Apple correspondence (iTunes, App Store, purchases, security etc.) via iCloud?

If it is, could you show me the steps that are required to do this? Thanks in advance.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
You can't change your Apple ID unfortunately. What you can do is set gmail to auto forward everything to iCloud if you wish.

daanodinot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2015
Hmm... I'm not a big fan of auto forwarding. So it's 100% impossible to send all correspondence directly to iCloud?

daanodinot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2015
It's not really a rational thing. It's more some kind of pleasure I take in having all services on iCloud.

In any case, since it's not possible to switch your primary ID to iCloud and Gmail is preferable in a number of other ways, I'll probably keep things as they are.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.