All Dogs go to Heaven

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Tanglewood, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

LINK
    [​IMG]
    Rest in Peace 'Eddie'

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Damn, I loved that dog. I generally love all dogs except the small ratty ones that look like hamsters or something I'd find on my plate eventually, but I especially love clever, spunky dogs.

RIP.

3. emw macrumors G4

emw

Sorry to see Eddie go. It's amazing how intelligent some of these animal "actors" are.

I watched "Eight Below" on the flight to L.A. this morning, and I have to tell you, the dogs did a better job acting their parts than Paul Walker did. Of course, that isn't saying much, but you get the idea.

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Hope there's plenty of trees and fire hydrants...

5. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

Awww poor Eddie :( He had a good life though I suppose.

6. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

And postal workers.... :eek: ;)

7. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Good point. Are doggie heaven and postal worker hell actually the same place?

8. mmzplanet macrumors regular

mmzplanet

Could be :)

9. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

LOL :D Good one.

If all dogs go to heaven, I hope that I end up there too - so that I can again be with my beloved Chewey.

10. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I'm so sorry to hear belatedly about Chewey... I had no idea that he'd died, only that he'd had to move elsewhere. My deepest sympathies.:(

11. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Sorry long OT post

OH! Non, no, no. no!

I meant that I have not seen Chewey for the past year. Heard like 6 to 8 months ago he is loving his new home, and is doing quite well.

I meant that if all dogs do go to heaven, and I can get there too - I will be finally able to be with him again. The unconditional love he gave me, could only be equaled by the same I gave him.

I will also be happy to meet up with all my other relatives who have passed, but they better get used to the idea that Chewey and I will be catching up on lost time.

I miss his nightly facials he gave me - he loved licking my shaved head and my face like it was some doggy treat. I teased him one night during the "bath" he was giving me by mentioning "greenies" and "puppy park" - his favorite things that normally would stop him in his tracks - nothing! Just kept on licking! :)

I miss driving him to the puppy park or Happy Tails Dog Spa, and seeing him dart back and forth in the back seat as we got close to the final turn to either of those spots. Even the dejected pout he would give if I drove past those turns - he would just lay down with his head between his paws and give me the most pitiful look.

I miss taking him to the puppy park. But I know when he gets to heaven he will be come the social director for all of the other dogs there - just as he did every time we brought him to the puppy park.

Sorry for the ramble. It has been a year without him. We had three great years together, and I hold on to those memories. Some have (may) question how I can feel so strongly about his not being in my life, verses family and personal relationships.

I think it can be summed up with some of these thoughts- in no particular order (please feel free to add to them, I am sure they will fit):

- He never asked me for money

- Always greeted me with the same love every time I came home, as he did when we first met

- If I did something wrong, he never reminded of it years down the road

- He seemed to know when I just needed someone to cuddle up next to me, after a bad day

- When he did a bad thing, he accepted my displeasure, and tried never to do it again

- He never chastised me for my choices in life, as long as I was there for him - everything was cool

- He never cheated on me - well that may be a stretch, he loved everyone that he met as long as I was beside him - so who knows what happened at the doggy day care, the vet, and the groomers

- If I cheated on him (as he saw it), he would soon realize that it was he that I truly loved [keep in mind I would have never cheated on Chewey, i was just nice to have other dogs attention when he was not around]

- He never fought me on taking him to the doctors, when I was concerned about his health

- When I was neglectful, he just simply forgave me

I just wish human relationships were as easy. :D

12. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Nice post, and not so off-topic, really. Glad to here he's still doing well! :)

13. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Thanks. You must own a pet to be so understanding. :)

Your concern brought back a memory of a post here on MR, when I talked about my "boy" Chewey. I felt bad since the member thought that I was talking about a "real" (human) boy.

I did use his name, Chewey, so I was in wonder that someone might name their child "Chewey". :eek: But I guess with some naming their child "Apple", "Chewey" might not be a stretch.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart (and Chewey's I am sure) for the concern. You have earned a place in heaven IMO to be able to play with me and Chewey.

14. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

15. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

They're Lucifer's children. :D Just kidding.

I have Maribella, my cat, to keep me happy right now.

But cats are like teenagers. Anything is on their terms only.

16. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You take that back!!

If cats were Lucifer's children that means they'd only have half of Lucifer's blood. Cats are like Lucifer's brothers and sisters, 100% evil.

17. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

LOL! I should know better than to have a mouthful of soda in me when I read one of your replies. :)

I know what you mean. My Maribella, whom I have had for now like 14 years, can seem to be the spawn of Satan himself - if not actually Satan. I do chalk it up to that I saved her from the pound when a bartender I knew had to give her up - that probably didn't spend loving time with her as a kitten.

She is not the lovable kitty that some thing of. She does not like to be held. She only wants love when it suits her. Forget about leaving anything leather out, she thinks that it is a new scratching post. :eek: Trying to get her to the vet or the groomer surely meets with scars on my arms.

I still love her though. Sort of like parents that have the good child/bad child thing going on. Chewey will always be the love of my life. I will, as witnessed by this thread, talk about him endlessly. Maribella on the other is the bad child that I need prodding on to talk about.

At 15 years old, I am beginning to think that she is trying to out last me. The surprise is on her, for if I were to leave this sweet earth tonight - she ends up at my sisters house with a Bull Mastif and Rott as new playmates. :eek: :D

18. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac