All Hail Khaldei!!

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by FritzTheWonderM, Jul 28, 2004.

1. FritzTheWonderM macrumors member

I didn't see it any where so I wanted to say Congratulations on taking the number one spot. Nice work, drive on.

2. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Congratulations indeed! I'm doing my best to catch up to him, though. ;)

3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I just lost the G5 I was folding on so my processors are down by one... :( I'm going from 5 to 4... but oddly enough... I can only remember... OH WAIT... okay... I was thinking I was only folding on 3 machines but I have two instances running on my HT P4... phew... thought I had a rogue prcoess going somewhere...

But... once my student dev stuff goes through I should be ready to get my dual G5...

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I'm using a similar setup to you, minus the G5.
    I have a 1.25 GHz iMac running Folding@Home.
    I also have a 3.2 GHz P4 HT running two instances of Folding@Home.

Go Khaldei! Watch out for Rower_CPU, though, who's producing more points per day than you are...so enjoy being #1 while you can!

5. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Congrats Khaldei, but watch over your shoulder, only 45 places and I have your spot ;)

6. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Dreadnought -

Even without adding a G5 to help me, I have a slight edge on you in terms of average production (last time I checked, you were averaging 213 points per day and I was averaging 218 points per day). It says I'll overtake you on February 6, 2016 if things stay the same. I doubt that will last - surely one or both of us will add/delete/replace computers by that time :)

7. Khaldei macrumors newbie

Thanks for the congrats. And yes Rower_CPU, I've been watching your production with increased dread. I'll keep doing what I can though. Lost 3 2.4Ghz P4's recently. Not sure when they'll be back.

8. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Too bad about the P4s. My production isn't going to be changing anytime soon, one way or the other, so if you get them back online you should be able to hold me off for quite a while. ;)

9. benpatient macrumors 68000

you'll all have to welcome me to the top 50 soon....if i had internet at my house, i'd have been there a long time ago...

10. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

What computers do you have running Folding@Home?

11. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

12. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

great work khaldei!
    what's your set up?

now we have to convince averybody else to follow suit and bring our team production back to over 40K/day!

(in a minor side development, I cracked the top 20 with 4 macs and 2 pcs. w00t!w00t!)

13. Khaldei macrumors newbie

My setup is roughly as follows...

-PC-
    17-18 P4 2.4GHz
    3-4 P4 2.0Ghz
    1 PM 1.4Ghz
    4 P3 733Mhz
    2 P3 450Mhz
    1 P2 400Mhz
    -Mac-
    1 1.6Ghz G5
    4 800Mhz G4 iMac
    2 2x533Mhz G4 PowerMac
    1 500Mhz G3 PowerBook

They're all pretty much 5d8h, and they're always getting moved around. I can't keep track of it all anymore. They're scattered all over the place. I pretty much get to install on the machines I administer and then I install every once in awhile on machines elsewhere if they're cool with it. I used to have some dual processor Xeons and XServes but that came to a screeching halt when people further up the food chain decided there could be a security risk.PC BC

14. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

LOL, But I have a secret weapon! A P4 2.0 at work which has internet, but can't get WU's because of the firewall... So I email the WU's back and forth, giving me an extra boost time to time! Right now I have 5 Stinkers waiting to be send!

15. benpatient macrumors 68000

wrldwzrd89, I've got:

1 dual 1.8 G5 (running 2 instances)
    1 1.6 G5
    1 P4 3.0 HT (only one instance running though :( )
    1 200mhz P2 :)
    2 300mhz G3 B&W

that's it.

The 3.0 is a recent "aquisition" and has managed to somehow be as productive as the dual 1.8 despite only using 50% of it's processing power, according to the task manager.

I talked our subscription manager into letting me run F@H as long as i didn't run the processor 100% (which is silly, but what ever), so i did a single processor console install and now she's happy with the 40-50% usage that task manager reports...*shrug*

I have an OCed 1.833ghz Athlon 2500+ that is running 2.19ghz (basically a 3200+) at home that isn't connected to the internet...and sits at home all day being wasted...I also have a beige G3 at home that won't boot into OS X for some frustrating reason.

16. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Two G5s, three processors? Wow - that must be why you are so high in the rankings. I don't have any G5s contributing to my Folding@Home effort (but I do plan to add a G6 Mac when they're released).

17. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

Wiz- Where do you get stats on overtaking people?

18. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

19. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

mc68k, what is keeping you?? last year your output was much higher then now.

20. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

well to tell you the truth, i got kinda bored of this project when i was at like position 21 overall and leader of the team. and there wasnt much room to move up in the team or project stats. so i switched a lot of machines to the rc5-72 project to help out team accelerateyourmac. i gave the pc lab to rower_cpu and my output dropped. i took the mac lab and put it on rc5. the macs dont do a whole lot for this project anyways-- and at rc5 they have a hardware function in the processor that makes them exceptional at crunching keys.

but the output of the PCs is still going to this team, albeit under a different name. at the time the team had far fewer members and interest too. i am glad to see our team at its current position. i would take over the PCs at school in a large lab, but i need to have admin privs to be able to set up services. they also clean out the startup folders and such. they just got a whole bunch of new dells too.

i still check this teams stats and look at the discussions all the time. im just not as into the project as i once was

21. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Here.

22. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

too bad, maybe you'll get into it once again and see a couple of challenges with our top folders of the moment.

23. nw_mike macrumors member

Understand mc68k's sentiment

It was really fun before hitting the top 5, now there is nothing really to look forward to. I keep my companies Macs crunching away because the cause is good and I want our TEAM to stay relevant, but I don't even check very often anymore.

24. kerb macrumors regular

jsut started folding on a 2.0ghz laptop but i do use this all the time

when i get the powerbook this will just be used for folding. the first protein i got was yesterday and one of the larger ones worth 215 points!