Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VTPete

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
I know, you're likely going to try and convince me that
a) I need to give up
b) The OS X paradigm just can't support it
c) I'll get used to it

But, if you, like me, have tried for 8 years to let go of your old X-Windows / Motif habits and buy into the Apple Way... and *still* wish you had it, please post!

Am I the only one left in the world wanting this?

-Pete

Reactions: b0fh666

b0fh666

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2012
south
me too... i would even settle for it working only when moving the mouse to another screen.

horrible design, I end up not using my external monitor for apps/vms and using fullscreen spaces instead because the focus goes there when you move to the space using the trackpad.

VTPete

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
me too... i would even settle for it working only when moving the mouse to another screen.

horrible design, I end up not using my external monitor for apps/vms and using fullscreen spaces instead because the focus goes there when you move to the space using the trackpad.

I guess what it boils down to is a lack of the common user even knowing such a thing has ever existed. Someone ought to create a YouTube video... "10 things that the world used to be able to do that were lost forever." It's hard for me to swallow the fact that my next computer might be an Ubuntu desktop simply because of this!

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
Yes, I agree with you completely, I'd love to have focus-follows-mouse.

Unless you are one of those people who thinks that the window on mouseover should auto-raise to become the top window, in which case you are a monster.

b0fh666

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2012
south
oh well, auto-raise is all we can have in OSX anyway, so it's best than having to click click click like a barbarian :p

ended up writing a small app that does it for me, kinda liking it :p

VTPete

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
Oh, no! I would never, ever, ever want auto-raise! Anyone who does is clearly a monster indeed.
Maybe I should add the keywords "Trump", "Drake" and "Swift" to this thread to get it noticed. There, I did it.
-Pete

Yes, I agree with you completely, I'd love to have focus-follows-mouse.

Unless you are one of those people who thinks that the window on mouseover should auto-raise to become the top window, in which case you are a monster.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.