All-in-one color laser printer/scanner/copier/fax

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by IJ Reilly, Aug 10, 2006.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I'm considering replacing an aging copier and fax machine, and a color laser printer I'd don't much like, with an all-in-one machine. Must be:

Laser, not ink jet
    Postscript (or emulation)
    OSX Compatible

Any recommendations?

2. Shotgun Pete macrumors regular

get a samsung if you can, their toner cartridges last way longer than others, although they are harder to find.

Failing that, Id reccomend an HP just because the toner is the most common and the cheapest.

3. nsbio macrumors 6502a

nsbio

4. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I've got a Samsung color laser -- trying to get rid of it!

All of the multifunction color lasers I've found so far are very large/expensive. I prefer a table-top model, but most (all?) of these have only monochrome output.

5. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

After much research, I located only one multifunction color printer model that meets all of my specifications, the HP LaserJet 2840. However, I have rarely seen a product with so many negative user reviews, particularly from Mac users, who report that HP's Mac drivers are buggy and incomplete. (Windows users complain about the drivers too). Nearly everyone also complains that it is excessively noisy.

Does anyone have any experience with the LaserJet 2840? Is anyone aware of alternatives?