Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skyking9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2004
:( I have a HP all in one deskjet 6210, which works great with OS 10.3.8, but freezes when I try to print in Classic. I run my business in classic mode, and it is vital that I be able to print! HP says they do not support Classic, and was unable to help! I am runiing OS 10.3.8 and classic 9.2 on an iMac G5. Any suggestions as to how to solve the problem, ar any ideas on an all in one that will work with both?

HELP!!

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
skyking9 said:
:( I have a HP all in one deskjet 6210, which works great with OS 10.3.8, but freezes when I try to print in Classic. I run my business in classic mode, and it is vital that I be able to print! HP says they do not support Classic, and was unable to help! I am runiing OS 10.3.8 and classic 9.2 on an iMac G5. Any suggestions as to how to solve the problem, ar any ideas on an all in one that will work with both?

HELP!!
If the vendor doesn't support Classic, then Classic is not supported. However, all is not lost. Print to a PostScript file. Opening the PostScript file in Preview will automatically convert it to PDF.

skyking9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2004
I can print to a file, but don't think it's a postscript file. Program gives me no options other than "print to file"! Really appreciate your help!

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Works fine for me.

Odd, I just set up that very same printer in Classic today. Be sure to install the HP software in Classic mode as well as in OS X. (Get Info on the executable and select 'run in classic', then run it again; or just boot into OS 9 to run it, if you can.) Then select it from the Chooser as normal.

HP is one of the few companies that still provides OS 9 drivers for new products. (I set this one up for a client who was running 10.1 on an iMac 400; but I also have an HP 7410 (their latest multi-function model, with network support including Rendezvous) running on my 12" PB and a 1.25GHz eMac, and both will print from Classic apps just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.