Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crees!

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
Here's a question. With the ability to view photos from iPhoto, any homemade iMovie videos, etc... how will Apple handle this for Windows users? As we all know iLife is only for the Mac. Will iTV dip into Windows users My Pictures and all other "My folders" or will they be left without that added enjoyment us Mac peeps have come to learn to love?

MacFan25863

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
crees! said:
Here's a question. With the ability to view photos from iPhoto, any homemade iMovie videos, etc... how will Apple handle this for Windows users? As we all know iLife is only for the Mac. Will iTV dip into Windows users My Pictures and all other "My folders" or will they be left without that added enjoyment us Mac peeps have come to learn to love?

We won't know until Apple releases the product or announces more details.

Feb 27, 2006
It will be very interesting to see how this plays out...

From the keynote, the first few comments on iTV by Steve certainly seemed to indicate that iTV worked with windows or mac and that the choice was not one that affected functionality...home movies can be loaded into iTunes so thats ok - it just seems to be iPhoto that is the odd one out.

The iPod syncs its photos with Adobe on the PC so maybe they will continue to work with that link for iTV + PC?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.