all my money are belong to apple

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by kishba, Jul 26, 2002.

1. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

well i did it. i finally did it.

i bought a new powerbook g4 800. and i can now say for sure "all my money are belong to apple" and here's why:

all day today i had been anxiously waiting until after work to order a shiny tibook. i was nearly positive i would have to settle for the 667 because i simply did not have the cash.

well 5:00 finally rolls around and i'm at home surfing apple's online store for education. i place the 667 'book in my cart and stop. i look at the total in my cart and begin to think.... "what if i could afford the 800... i never did check to see how much it would be after michigan sales tax..."

(i'm pretty sure this thought was enduced by the lingering whisps of steve's rdf that must have been left in keys of my pro keyboard.)

so i whip out the handy-dandy apple calculator and punch in $3007 * 1.06

(queue the silly scary music)

the total was a very familiar-looking number: $3187.42

well i look at the latest report from my credit union and what's the total?? $3185.24

(queue music of angels singing)

i quickly dig into my pocket and find some coins to make up the difference. bam- next thing i know i have entered my parent's credit card number and have ordered a shiny tibook 800 (with free ground shipping because i didn't have *that* much change on my)

well that's it. case closed. in case any of you have ever been confused about my sig...

all my money are belong to apple

2. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Cool deal

I hope you and "ti" have lots of fun together. and remember, keep her nice and clean all the time

3. job macrumors 68040

job

Re: all my money are belong to apple

Heh, if only it was that easy for the rest of us. :)

4. kishba thread starter macrumors 6502a

kishba

Re: Cool deal

oh i plan to take very very good care of her... speaking of the 'book being a her... what name should i give her? normally i give names based around a scheme (for instance my old desktop was 'apple crisp', my old powerbook was 'apple cider', my airport base station is named 'apple orchard' and my ipoding is named 'apple dumpling'

i think i may leave this scheme for a more thoughtful and meaningful name since she'll be my sole companion (computerwise) for quite a long time...

soooo any suggestions for names?

5. job macrumors 68040

job

6. kishba thread starter macrumors 6502a

kishba

Re: Re: all my money are belong to apple

well it sure wasn't easy saving up for [name to be determined] but i think the 2 years of penny pinching will be worth it.... i don't think i'll be able to stand the long wait ahead

hopefully this powerbook ships from within the U.S.... my original pismo 400 came directly from the manufacturer in taiwan... it took a week to get here and it was a loooong wait.... i called apple twice during that time asking if it were standard procedure for the laptop to ship from taiwan and then to alaska (i guess that's where apple products go through customs)

back to apple's order status page...

7. job macrumors 68040

job

Re: Re: Re: all my money are belong to apple

Yeah, I saving too.

I am working odd jobs (tax free!) around my neighborhood and hiring myself out to people who need things typed up/documents edited, etc.

I want to have enough money to buy the mid-range tower (whatever specs they may be) by MWSF. I have almost $800 right now.

That's from $0 in early June. :D

8. chmorley macrumors 6502a

chmorley

Re: Re: Re: all my money are belong to apple

Congrats, kishba. My wait for my 667 seemed like forever. When it finally came, my wife simply resigned herself to the fact that I wasn't going to be available for a little while.

Is it heading towards Alaska yet?

What about now?

Chris

9. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

How 'bout now?:D

I'm saving up too...those damn G5s are just around the corner, right...right?

You're gonna love it!

PS. You'll have to see how well Folding does on it, but I wouldn't run it too much on a laptop. My TiPB 400 doesn't run it all...I save that for the PCs at work.;)

10. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Hey kishba, you really should take some more language courses at school... Your grammar is worse then even mymemory's. At least HE has an excuse (since he is in/from Venezuela).

The line "all my money are belong to apple" SCREAMS of you being an ignorant hick. :rolleyes: :p :D

As for purchasing a new Mac, at least you did one thing correctly. :eek: :eek: :p

11. RUNCIBLE 2.0 macrumors newbie

Every . . . Single . . . One . . .

Do you EVER conduct positive posts, Rower? Jesus. Quit shooting people down.

By the way, "All my money are belong to Apple" is a slight parody of one old, foreign space-opera role-playing game where the intro of its initial narration goes:

"2015 is year. All your ships are belong to us."

Grow up, Robin. If you want to impress somebody, get a job. Don't slobber all over everyone else's shoes.

12. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

OK boys, calm down.

I think the more famous line is "All you base are belong to us"

Surely you guys have heard of it... an old game with bad translation from Japanese...

This swf explains it. It has clips from the game then goes into a really funny song :)

http://web.planet.nl/computer/backup/aybabtu/ayb.html

Back on topic... All my money are belong to gadget companies. Apple and Sony Ericsson. I just bought a not-yet-released-in-Australia T68i. I was considering buying one, then I saw Steve demo one with all the new Bluetooth stuff in the keynote... and I just had to buy one. Bye bye $$$

13. job macrumors 68040

job

Re: Every . . . Single . . . One . . .

Eh? :confused:

Did I miss something in the last 5 posts?

I was under the impression that Rower's post was positive...

14. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Re: Every . . . Single . . . One . . .

I'm sorry. I seem to have stepped into an alternate dimension where you know me, I'm unemployed and my above comments were somehow negative.

Excuse me while I try to find my way back home.

:rolleyes:

15. job macrumors 68040

job

Re: Re: Every . . . Single . . . One . . .

Heh, nice reply Rower. :)

I'm still wondering where this guy is coming from. (See my previous post.)

16. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Re: Re: Re: Every . . . Single . . . One . . .

Yeah, I saw. Thanks for the backup.

It's either someone who knows me messing around...or he mistook me for Alpha...;) :p :eek:

What a Magilla.:rolleyes:

17. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Re: Re: Re: Re: Every . . . Single . . . One . . .

I just wonder which of us that is bad for... :D

If that twit (word of the month) cannot take the nanosecond to make sure he is, attempting to, flame the correct person, we should just ignore him/her/it. :eek: :D :p :cool:

18. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Every . . . Single . . . One . . .

It could also be citizen[in]sane coming back for more punishment under a different name...nah...

I think it's bad for them.;) :D

Congrats on 4k.

19. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Every . . . Single . . . One . . .

True... especially since we are on very good terms with some of the powers that be on this site. :D

Damn, I hit 4k and didn't even notice... :D It doesn't seem all that long ago that I passed the 3k mark. :D If eyelikeart doesn't finish his project soon, he will be in third place for the first time in ages. :eek: :eek: :D

20. RUNCIBLE 2.0 macrumors newbie

OUTFLOW equals INFLOW.

There's nothing to wonder about, Rower:

"Hey kishba, you really should take some more language courses at school... Your grammar is worse then even mymemory's. At least HE has an excuse (since he is in/from Venezuela).

"The line 'all my money are belong to apple' SCREAMS of you being an ignorant hick."

That's called OVERT HOSTILITY. It was both rude and unnecessary.

But if you're wondering why the spotlight is on you, now, it's because outflow equals inflow--what you dispense, you receive.

You can run, Rower, but you'll only die tired.

21. job macrumors 68040

job

Ahahahahahahaa...ehm....sorry....this guy cracks me up, that's all. :D

Ok...as you can see (hopefully) it was AlphaTech who made these previous statements.

If you still think it was Rower....:rolleyes::D

22. RUNCIBLE 2.0 macrumors newbie

Faculties Flawed

Shít. Okay, okay. You are all correct: my accusations against Rower were unsubstantiated, as the original, offending statement was issued by AlphaTech. NOT Rower_CPU.

I officially rescind all misdirected comments and extend my apologies to Rower, should any hurt feelings have been caused.

"All my apologies are belong to Rower."

23. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Re: Faculties Flawed

I figured it was a simple misunderstanding. No harm done.

Just watch out for Alpha now.;) :p :eek:

24. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

lol ALWAYS watch out for alpha, one small move could get u hurt ;)

25. 8thDegreeSavage macrumors 6502

I cant believe some of you sorry GEEZERS did not know about "All your base are belongs to us"

Damn....that is brutal....you guys live under the same rock?