All my music is GONE!? iPhone 4 - SOLVED

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iBryton, Nov 25, 2010.

1. iBryton, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010

macrumors regular

Recently when I updated to 4.2.1, I clicked on the "iPod" app on my iPhone 4, and it said that there was no music on the phone and I would need to launch iTunes on the iPhone to buy some songs. I checked the memory, and there was only 4gb left out of the 16gb so I knew my music was in there.

I bought a song from my iPhone and yet, it didn't appear in my iPod? Any suggestions? :eek:

2. macrumors 6502a

Connect your phone to iTunes play one song from your phone through iTunes. All songs will have synced and should now show on the phone.

3. macrumors 65816

Mliii

Relax. Sync and all will be there.

4. iBryton, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2010

thread starter macrumors regular

gtscode: I just did that on my mac and it worked. Thanks for the help! +rep

5. macrumors newbie

same problem

i updated to the new 4.2.1 as well and no longer have any songs on my phone. it shows that there are 16 gigs of music when i plug it into itunes on my pc but when i click on the "music" tab there is no music. i cant even bring up a song on my phone through itunes to try to restore the rest as it was previously recommended. any suggestions?

6. macrumors member

My media also diasppeared from the iPod app on the phone after upgrading my iPhone 4 to 4.2.1. I got it back by connecting the phone to my PC, opening iTunes, then clicking on the phone in iTunes. I unchecked a random playlist, then rechecked it and clicked SYNC. VOILA, all my media showed up on the phone again.