All New Pro Apps

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Peyton, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Peyton macrumors 68000

Feb 2, 2006
    I've been waiting patiently for a Pro web designer (dreamweaver competitor) from Apple forever.

I think I'll get it.

With over 8 billion in cash, I think Apple is/will design a whole new round of apps to compete with Photoshop, Dreamweaver, illustrator, and I wouldn't be surprised by a 3D designer like Cinema 4D.

The reason? I think Aperture was the first hint. Its basically the pro iPhoto, iDVD and iMovie have FCP and garageband has Logic. It would be logical to make a pro iWeb. (I pray). First, by releasing all these new apps, it would make people more likely to go with Mac especially if prices are compatable. If apple could make all the programs people generally need (example if you had FCP, iLife, Aperture, the chances that you'd go with a similarly formated 'Apple photoshop' would be high.

Right now is the perfect time for Apple to release such apps because Adobe is in 'Universal hell writing binaries. If Jobs got his teams working on these new programs b/c he knew it would take Adobe some time (as it did before) he would know people wouldn't be able to wait literally years to get them native, and therefore switch to the Apple apps.

Sound crazy?

What do you think about my hopeful Apple web designer?

2. mac pro macrumors member

Feb 1, 2006
    ya...I would love that too, because dreamweaver isnt written the best for the mac...and i like things having the "apple logo" on them
  3. mduser63 macrumors 68040

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    I'm not sure it's such a good thing. I think a thriving third-party development community is essential to the Mac's success. If Apple drives others away (like they've done with Premiere), that's not necessarily good for end users. Apple has somewhat of an unfair advantage in that they know things about the OS that others don't and can design to take advantage of OS technologies that aren't even in the current release of OS X. Real competition is good for consumers, unfair competition like MS is bad.