All non-US users: Keyboard Layout problem

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by TheT, Oct 4, 2002.

1. TheT macrumors 6502

Okay, so I bought a German Jaguar version (I know, they're basically all the same) about a month ago, and have one problem that's getting really annoying right now...
    I turned off the keyboard layout menu, you know, the one that shows the flag of the current layout... actually I just turned off everything other than German. But then, after each re-boot, the system switched to US-layout, showing that nice American flag... well, I switched back to German, leaving US still turned on, so I had the German flag in my menu bar... at least it worked, even after a reboot, it was still German.
    I thought maybe it was one of my apps (startup items) that caused this conflict, so I didn't worry about it.
    Today, I gave it a try again, but it switched to US again, and now, after setting it to German and rebooting again, it still switches to US!
    I turned off all my startup items, there's nothing starting up but the Finder now, but it still doesn't work...
    I already tried deleting the stuff in the /library/ folders having to do with the keyboard, but guess what: there was no difference
    So please, I need help!! :D

2. TheT thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, maybe the US members can help me :D
    Too bad I can't change the name of this thread :rolleyes: