All of a sudden, battery started draining fast! Why and what to do?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iHavequestions, Dec 2, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Oct 23, 2011
    For some reason, last night the phone started to lose juice much faster than usual. I'm talking 50% within an hour or two.

And it's pretty wonky in general in terms of power. I plug it into my car charger, and at first it wasn't charging. I had to reboot the phone to get it to recognize the charger.

Also, I left it charging overnight, and this morning, it was at 93% instead of 100%. Weird...

Is this a common issue? And why did it happen all of a sudden when it was fine before? Anything I can do?
  2. macrumors 68020

Nov 15, 2011
    What has changed on the phone since the last time it worked normally? If nothing then perhaps you should delete any accounts that are syncing with the phone and re-add them one-by-one. What all do you have syncing with the phone? I have an exchange for my google contacts, my gmail, and one for my school email and that's it.

Try removing ANYTHING that updates the handset (twitter, facebook, iCloud, etc) and see where that gets you.
  3. macrumors member

Nov 1, 2011
    Did you turn cellular data off by chance? I had something similar happen. I had cell data off... and it turns out an SMS was trying to deliver. I was getting massive drain. I turned cell data on...received the sms and bingo... battery drain GONE.
  4. thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 23, 2011
    I downloaded a new app which I deleted. I don't really know of anything else. I mean, I opened some new apps for the first time too even though I downloaded them awhile ago. But closed them.

Do you mean delete email accounts? If nothing has changed, why would that affect anything? I'll do it just to do it though.

I'm losing about 1% every two minutes.
  5. macrumors 68030

Jul 28, 2011
    You have not shared what model phone and what iOS version you are running. Any advice at this point is pure guesswork.
  6. thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 23, 2011