All of a sudden I can't get into AIM: "Auth:ResvLinkError" ???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by King Cobra, Jan 6, 2004.

1. King Cobra macrumors 603

The attachment shows what happened just now when I tried to log into AIM through iChat. What does this mean? Why am I not logged in?

(Oh, and I tried again for 5 minutes...same thing!)

Attached Files:

• aim.jpg
      aim.jpg
      File size:
      40 KB
      Views:
  2. King Cobra thread starter macrumors 603

[roughly two and a half days pass]

Well after doing a quick public engine search, the only two results that were returned to me were my post, and the post of someone else that had the same problem.

Still, I don't have a resolve. I am able to get onto AIM, but I don't understand:

Why did I not get logged in?
    Is the "Auth:ResvLinkError" something I should worry about?
    Why does it happen? What causes it?

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Evil deamons inside your Mac, but don't worry, it's fine :eek: :D :p

4. jasonheyd macrumors newbie

Re: All of a sudden I can't get into AIM: "Auth:ResvLinkError" ???

did this just resolve itself?

i'm having the same problem tonight. first, iChat showed me "no groups" and gave me an error similar to "failed to create Buddies group" when i tried to edit my groups.

now i'm getting the "Auth:ResvLinkError" error.

when i try to connect using the actual AIM client, it tells me that there's a problem accessing my buddy lists, so i'm thinking maybe something's hosed on the AIM side ...

jh.

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

One person I know is also unable to retrieve his buddy list on his .Mac account.

Two others have complained this week that AIM has sent a message saying that someone else has signed on as them at another location.

Maybe, someone is upgrading servers.

Good luck!

6. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

I'm getting the message too.

Funny thing is, I can login from Aim.app with another screen name. But, when I try to use the SN that was giving me problems in iChat, Aim.app gives me some error message too and won't let me login.

[edit]: I just tried the SN that wouldn't work on AIM Express. I was able to login.

7. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I'm one of the people bousozoku was talking about. I can now go into iChat with my Dot Mac account. Before it wouldn't let me, when in iChat I would have no buddies on my list, and under AIM it would say this.

[​IMG]

Now it seems ok...:D

8. jasonheyd macrumors newbie

yeah, same here. i got the same iChat and AIM error messages, and now it's fine. go figure.

9. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I had that problem, too. I signed in with my .Mac account and it worked fine. What I believe is the cause is that AOL has "database errors" that I am all too familiar with from my AOL days. There are times where it cannot find and load the buddy list nor email for an hour or two due to whatever glitch they have within their servers. After a while, it will work again and it will be fine. It would explain why it would work fine with .mac, since that doesn't go through the AOL network, and only happens on certain rare occasions for a period of time.

10. pooryou macrumors 65816

11. mrbeaverhousen macrumors member

The same thing just happened to me :( anyone know what's happening?

12. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Holy thread resurrection Batman!!

Looks like the AIM servers are down, iChat won't log in from London.

Probably jammed with people wailing about Micheal Jackson....

13. JCBeBe31 macrumors newbie

This just started happening to me too! Very weird. I thought my internet went out but it didn't. I deleted and readded my AIM name in iChat and nothing happened. Same thing.

14. pooryou macrumors 65816

Too bad AIM doesn't give an error message that means anything to normal humans...if they did we wouldn't have people wasting their time deleting and re-adding their profiles and who knows what else :mad:

They have only had five years to work on it so I guess I will cut them some slack..