ALL of my address book contacts are gone! Help?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Apple!Freak, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Apple!Freak macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

Okay, so my computer has been acting up a little bit latley, from showing completely distoreded gollbledgook for a split second when returning from sleep, to restarting and it getting stuck on the white screen with the apple logo and the fans running crazy, to my address book contacts disappearing.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get them to return. A similar thing happened to my e-mail a while back and I got my e-mail back fine so I'm not too worried that my address book contacts are gone.

Anyone know what to do?

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Try this. If you aren't using iSync, the .previous file may be in home:Library:Application Support:AddressBook:

(& make a copy of the AddressBook folder first, just in case something goes wrong, so you can get back to where you started.)

And if you aren't doing it already, start making regular backups of your home folder and any other stuff you want to keep. That's a good idea anyway, but it's even more important if you think your computer might be on the verge of wigging out.

3. Apple!Freak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Cannot bring you any help, but there might be a small comfort in knowing that this isn't a one time occurence. Just the same happened to me a while back. Whitout backup, or a synced iPod/Phone, I'm afraid the data might be lost... :(

5. Apple!Freak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

I actually got it back. Found out my Backup program has been backing up everyday and restored from there. :)

Thanks though guys!

6. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Good to hear. Another victory for those of us with current backups. :)

He said, just a bit too confident :eek: ;)

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You are awesome!