All official Nintendo DS game E3 videos!

Discussion in 'Games' started by manicdvln, May 17, 2005.

1. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Mario Kart DS

Mario Kart DS looks like a dumbed down Mario Kart Double Dash. It had some of the same levels as N64 and Gamecube Kart titles, such as moo moo farm (best name ever)!!! :)

2. manicdvln thread starter macrumors member

Looks nothing like Double Dash, it's more of a N64 reincarnation with online gaming. And I love it. Double Dash sucked, and killed any kind of skill in the game. I am happy that Nintendo reverted back to the old school N64 mechanics of driving.

3. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Double Dash was awesome, how can you hate that game? Double Dash, while being easier, was more designed to be a game that anyone can pick up and immediately get into, thats what Nintendo is about. The graphics are better than the N64, but not as good as gamecube, a happy medium in between. However It will be very interesting to see the online gaming aspect in action...too bad i don't have a DS.... :(

4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Except Mario Kart DS has online :D

5. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Is the new Super Mario Bros two player? It looks like it from the preview. Metroid looked better than I thought it would too.

6. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Hmm... okay, so I have been unsure of the DS and this just makes me more confused. I still don't see the use of 2 screens... hell in all but one screen during the Animal Crossing video the top screen only had clouds! The only game in that list that looked worth my money was the Mario game.... but again, I saw stats on the bottom screen and thats it (well one screen it was reversed)

I've seen a demo of the Kirby game, thats pretty innovative I give it that. Still this system looks too gimmicky and is in danger of going the way of the Virtual Boy. At least the screens are bigger than 2" tho :rolleyes:

7. manicdvln thread starter macrumors member

Oh no, what will those 5 million DS users do now!!! DavidLeblond gave his opinion on the DS!!! OMG, Nintendo will go bankrupt! Obviously Nintendo DS selling double the amount vs PSP in weekly sales shows the signs of DS being a failure! :rolleyes:

8. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

You must have looked at different Animal Crossing screenshots than I did. :confused:

Can't see the use in two screens? Play Metroid Prime Hunters.

9. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

BTW, Nintendo confirmed Mario Kart DS to be online and also said 25 online titles are in development. Including a Tony Hawk game.

10. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I was talking about the video of Animal Crossing in the first post of this thread.

Everyone in entitled to their own opinions. My opinion of you, for instance, is quite low right now.

11. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

12. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis