all pbs shiping 1 day

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by themacman, Aug 15, 2005.

1. themacman macrumors 6502

All the pbs have been changed to 1 shiping? hopefully dc pbs tomrow! you never know

2. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

dual core is VERY unlikely.

3-5 buiz days almost guarntees an update... not 1..

move on folks, nothing to see here...

3. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

There will be no dual-core PowerBooks until the Intel switch. Get over it. And if there is an autumn update on the PowerBooks, it'll be in September at the Paris Expo or shortly thereafter.

4. mpopkin macrumors 6502

mpopkin

is this the education channel..sorry, but pbs ships in one day. there will be no powerpc dual core updates, that is a given, put it to rest, and one day just means that they are selling a tad bit faster than apple can supply them,

5. Superhob macrumors regular

1 day shipping is also showing on mac minis, emacs, imacs, and powermacs. As others have said there's nothing to see here....move along......

6. Xephian macrumors 6502a

Xephian

Why is Apple changing the ship dates so often? All of this started towards the end of July. The Power Mac Dual 2.7 has been and stayed the longest est. ship date of them all.

7. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I think it shows how they are keeping up with demand.

*shrug* meh

8. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

I see it as Apple's not building/ordering that many machines because they think there might be a slow down in sales right before the switch to Intel. They don't want to be stuck with a bunch of old PPC machines. That's why there's a 1 day delay in ship times.

But I'm sure the back to school buyers are also affecting shipping times too.

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Because they want to start providing accurate, up to the minute information?

If they're not building as many machines because they expect a slowdown in sales right before a switch to Intel, then the delay would be longer than 1 day because they would want to have as little excess inventory as possible when expecting a dip in sales. THey would try to build a machine for everybody who orders, and no excess in their stock.

So from what you're saying, the opposite would be true. That IS clear, no?

10. diego2k7 macrumors newbie

diego2k7

I ordered my PB G4 1.67 BTO yesterday and they showed 1-3 bussiness days before shipping, but to my surprise it has already shipped this morning... i'm proud to see my money hard at work lol :rolleyes: unless of course they update them today...