Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
I keep a lot of tabs open on Safari to remind myself of things I want to come back to later. Today they all suddenly disappeared. Is this a bug anyone else has experienced? Also, is there an easy way to restore them on iOS?

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
Never had this happening. But then again, I never have more than 5 to 10 tabs open. I'm using reading list and I'll never understand why people like op don't use this helpful feature. :/

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I keep a lot of tabs open on Safari to remind myself of things I want to come back to later. Today they all suddenly disappeared. Is this a bug anyone else has experienced? Also, is there an easy way to restore them on iOS?

I doubt it will work but you can try checking the Recently Closed Tab list. Tap on the Tabs button in the bottom right, long Press on the "+" button in the bottom middle. They might show up there, however if it was a crash that wiped them then I doubt they will be there.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Are you sure you didn't somehow change to Private mode in Safari (or vice versa) which hides the tabs from the other mode until you exit that mode? You'd probably notice, but thought I would throw it out just in case anyway.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
I doubt it will work but you can try checking the Recently Closed Tab list. Tap on the Tabs button in the bottom right, long Press on the "+" button in the bottom middle. They might show up there, however if it was a crash that wiped them then I doubt they will be there.
Thanks, I tried that and the last 5 tabs were preserved there, so at least that's something. I had like 25 open, some going back months. I guess now I know to use reading list (or Pocket) instead!
[doublepost=1472673955][/doublepost]
Are you sure you didn't somehow change to Private mode in Safari (or vice versa) which hides the tabs from the other mode until you exit that mode? You'd probably notice, but thought I would throw it out just in case anyway.
Thanks, and yep, that was the first thing I checked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.