Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
Don't know if you all noticed, but the majority of all the Macs (even PB's and Mac Mini's) have increased there shipping times from same business day to 1-3days.

I will really be ticked if the PowerBooks Get Updated again. -I just bought one last week. Not the Latest Model, but the 1.33ghz Model.

I wonder what there gunna do to the Mac Minis?? -- We'll have to wait for Tuesday to come to find out.

Pending what or if anything at all happens to the PowerBooks do you think it's worth it to put my 1.33ghz up on ebay?? If the 12" gets a widescreen i'm sayin bye-bye to this little guy.

Your opinions?

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
berkleeboy210 said:
Don't know if you all noticed, but the majority of all the Macs (even PB's and Mac Mini's) have increased there shipping times from same business day to 1-3days.

I will really be ticked if the PowerBooks Get Updated again. -I just bought one last week. Not the Latest Model, but the 1.33ghz Model.

I wonder what there gunna do to the Mac Minis?? -- We'll have to wait for Tuesday to come to find out.

Pending what or if anything at all happens to the PowerBooks do you think it's worth it to put my 1.33ghz up on ebay?? If the 12" gets a widescreen i'm sayin bye-bye to this little guy.

Your opinions?

I think the majority of the Mac will be updated on Tuesday. The Mac Mini will probably just have an improvement with the RAM, either adding a slot or making so it comes with more RAM standard.

The Powerbook will probably just be the 17 inch with a high defintion screen.

As for the rest of the models, I'm betting on small speed increases on the eMac, iMac, Power Mac and iBook.

Those are my guesses. I doubt they will all come in one day, but by the end of WWDC, I think all those will happen.

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
The only model without an increase in shipping times is the emac. This leads me to think that apple might discontinue the eMac...
Well this does look interesting...NEVER has apple upgraded sooo many products lets see if they will do it on Tuesday. Well i am in the market for an ibook now and maybe an iMac in September before school starts.
What it also could be is that all macs will just be upgraded to "Shipping with Tiger Pre-installed"....hmmm i am hoping for also a hardware upgrade. :rolleyes:

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
The Downside of Computers. You Never have the latest, because there updated so frequently! Hope your right about it only being the 17" PB getting upgrade.

-It does make sense though for the 12" to get a Widescreen, the 15" and 17" do so why not the 12". Make the PowerBooks the Widescreen Notebooks, and let the iBooks just be the standard screens.

Just Yesterday all of the PB's were at Same Business Day, and all of sudden they all jumped from the 1-3day. so we might see the whole line getting a bump, or like you said It may just be them all shipping with tiger installed.

Who Knows...

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
berkleeboy210 said:
Just Yesterday all of the PB's were at Same Business Day, and all of sudden they all jumped from the 1-3day. so we might see the whole line getting a bump, or like you said It may just be them all shipping with tiger installed.

I'm betting on Tiger just being installed. I don't think they will update the Powerbook until they either have High Defintion screens or Dual G4 or singel G5 processors.

mac friend

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2005
Michigan
New LCD Panels?

I just checked the Apple Store Online, here in the U.S. The items with the longest lead times are the desktop G5's (not the iMac G5's) and the LCD panels, that now have a lead time of 5-7 days, which is longer than that of any other items. I'm wondering if Apple is coming out with new ones that have the option of rotating, taking avantage of the new Rotation feature in Tiger?

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
mac friend said:
I just checked the Apple Store Online, here in the U.S. The items with the longest lead times are the desktop G5's (not the iMac G5's) and the LCD panels, that now have a lead time of 5-7 days, which is longer than that of any other items. I'm wondering if Apple is coming out with new ones that have the option of rotating, taking avantage of the new Rotation feature in Tiger?

I haven't heard any rumors about new LCDs, but it makes a lot of sense. Apple doesn't include things in there OS to support Dell or other PC manufacturers, so it would be logical for them to have pivotiing LCDs. I'm in the market for one, and a pivoting Apple display sounds too cool to pass up ...

JRM PowerPod

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2005
Outback Australia
mac friend said:

Call me a lunatic but the Applestore says SAME BUSINESS DAY for the shipping time on the displays. I doubt whether we would see new displays so early. Price drops would be good! And although something like a composite input would be good, i doubt whether we will see this.

JeffTL

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
I imagine that iBooks will probably go to 64MB VRAM soon to accelerate adoption of CoreImage.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
mac friend said:

Huh? LCDs are still same day. :confused:

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 89

mac friend

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2005
Michigan
Re: Apple Displays

You're right--it now shows shipping same day. Earlier this evening, it showed shipping in 5-7 days. That is really, really weird! I wonder what's up?

Pismo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2002
NH
There will be no updated PowerBooks. Apple released new PowerBooks two months ago. If there are HD LCD's for the PowerBooks, I think Apple will save it as a BTO for the G5 PowerBook and become standard in later revisions. Just my opinion.

dayloon

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2005
Stafford, UK
Here in the UK, only the PMs are 5-7 days. All others are "within 24 hrs".

Im new to the world of apple and amd going to make my first purchase soon (imac probably). Excuse the stupid question but why are apple so secretive about what they are going to do with their HW updates ? Other manufacturers aren't. Its very stupid and very frustrating. It could quite easily be a never ending circle......"Imac updates in a couple of weeks" followed by "Oh, I'll wait - maybe a newer imac released in 2 months" followed by more updates and so on. You'd never actually buy one.

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
dayloon said:
Here in the UK, only the PMs are 5-7 days. All others are "within 24 hrs".

Im new to the world of apple and amd going to make my first purchase soon (imac probably). Excuse the stupid question but why are apple so secretive about what they are going to do with their HW updates ? Other manufacturers aren't. Its very stupid and very frustrating. It could quite easily be a never ending circle......"Imac updates in a couple of weeks" followed by "Oh, I'll wait - maybe a newer imac released in 2 months" followed by more updates and so on. You'd never actually buy one.

HAHAHAA... you are new to the mac world... IT IS A NEVER ENDING CIRCLE! Im sure most macrumor regulars bite their nails. Get a computer when you need to. End of story really. Well ok.. i lie ;) don't get iMac just yet .. wait a few days.. honestly :p

zakatov

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2005
South Florida
SpaceMagic said:
HAHAHAA... you are new to the mac world... IT IS A NEVER ENDING CIRCLE! Im sure most macrumor regulars bite their nails. Get a computer when you need to. End of story really. Well ok.. i lie ;) don't get iMac just yet .. wait a few days.. honestly :p

New stuff Next Tuesday rumor per thread now satisfied

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.