All State 400 at the Brickyard

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Dont Hurt Me, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Wondering if anyone is watching this race today, its about to start but Goodyear is screwing with tires again so there will be 2 mandatory Tire stops?:confused: You would think they had figured out how to build a tire for these guys by now. Gentleman.start your Engines.

2. macsrockmysocks macrumors regular

My real good friend from X-box Live! is going to bee there. I would watch it, but with school on Friday, I have to read my dang books:(

3. jonv macrumors newbie

Watching now with laptop on err...lap.
    Lets hope it is as exciting as the F1 earlier :)

4. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

That will be a tough act to follow. ;)

Why mandatory tire stops? do they think they won't go the distance? Shades of the '05 US GP Formula 1 race.

5. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Just got home and am watching it, sort of. The normal 3 or 4 with potential to win. Earnhardt's way back.

6. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Jimmy Johnson came from last to win, guess he deserved it but I must admit it isnt a level playing field with some teams having 4-5 drivers and others 1 or 2. They need to set a limit on teams at 2 in my view.

7. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I don't know if it's the number of teammates so much as the money and the sponsorships. Hendrick and Roush pretty much are dominant these days. There's the occassional victory by a solo team.

Good move by Earnhardt to finish in the top 10. He didn't sound too confident, though.

8. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Well thats what I mean the Money ,testing etc..If you have 5 guys with tests at a track vs 1`or 2 test you see what I mean plus the $$$ etc. They have done a lot of making the playing field level but more can still be done.

9. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Yeah I agree. It's not as fun as it used to be with the lack of competition. I only watch some of the 'fun' races: Daytona, Talladega, Bristol, Richmond, Sonoma.

Plus, the five teams can test at different tracks and share information.

10. asxtb macrumors 6502

I believe either next year or the year after teams will be limited to 4 cars. Yeah, it really only hurts Rousch and Hendrick. Although with Hendrick, Jimmy Johnson is partly owned by Jeff Gordon so I'm sure Hendrick would just hand over Jimmy to Jeff and 'voila!' a teammate that is technically not a teammate.