all the menubars are dead, dead, DEAD!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mr_Brightside_@, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

hi! i just rebooted and now nothing is loading in my menubar along the right hand corner (not even spotlight). when i try to do a spotlight keyboard shortcut, i get th little thud sound that means i can't do that. but if i do option-space, which goes back to the last Input used, it switeches back to Canada CSA, which is weird. also, in system prefs, it seems liek if i go into some of the things i had in the bar to re-select, sysprefs will crash. anybody have an idea?

i fixed it now. sorry.
    while you're still reading my irrelevant post, see:
    myspace.com/stopdieresuscitate

2. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

Try opening up Activity Monitor (/Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.app) and see if anything (like SystemUIServer) is red. Also, try moving ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist out of that folder and rebooting.

3. Mr_Brightside_@ thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

no no, its ok, i fixed it, everything is A-OK. dont ask how ( i dont know). thankx tho, ill remember this for next time. cheers!

4. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

D-Link Bluetooth Module???

I've had this happen with my iBook G4. I traced it back to the D-Link USB Bluetooth module. When I rebooted with it plugged-in, the menu bar totally hung up just like you described. When I disconnected it "on the fly" the menu quickly loaded-up. Weird.