All Windows Expose acting Funny...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wheezy, Jul 23, 2005.

1. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

Howdy ya'll. My All Windows Expose started acting funny the other day, it'll only keep the windows away for about 5 seconds before bringing them all back, regardless of what I do. If I hit F11 and then do nothing, about 5 seconds later all the windows come back down; this use to not be the case. I know there is a time-out for expose of about 2-3 mins or so, but 5 seconds is way to short and annoying.

How do I fix this?

10.4.2 is what I'm running.

2. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

This is a new one on me, it sounds like there is some program thats running and causing Expose to deactivate. Try closing everything but a finder window and see if it happens. If that doesn't work, open up activity monitor and quit background processes that might be the problem.

If all that fails, try creating a new user and logging in under that user to see if it still happens. If it happens under the new user as well, you can be pretty sure its a hardware problem and you need to get your computer fixed, but it sounds like a software conflict to me.

3. wheezy thread starter macrumors 65816

wheezy

I logged into a different user, and no problem with Expose there. Then I checked activity monitor to see if anything was funny, and noticed my widgets, and thought maybe one of them was the culprit. Sure enough, "SingiPod" was the culprit. I closed that widget, no expose problem. Reopen it, Expose problem.

CURIOUS! Thanks for the help man.

4. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

That is interesting. I bet at least a few other people are having the same problem. You should report it to the developer if you don't mind a little extra effort. Go to dashboardwidgets.com and you can post comments.

5. cocopelli macrumors member

I was also having this problem, however "astronomy pic of the day" was the widget giving me grief. Just a heads up.

6. rympy macrumors member

Easy Currency does it as well.

Just FYI,

the widget 'easy currency' currency converter does the same thing. Deactivate it and there was no problem with expose, reactivate and the problem comes back.