Allan died today :( Please Read

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Chacala_Nayarit, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Chacala_Nayarit macrumors 6502

Chacala_Nayarit

[​IMG]

One of the richest nations on earth and this happens? :mad:

2. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

A couple quotes this reminds me of:

Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace.
    - Charles Sumner

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

:cool:

3. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Don't forget the fact that Bush and his cronies have also denied the use of government funds for embryonic stem cell research which would directly translate into potential treatments of genetic diseases such as cystic fibrosis.

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yes, I read avery interesting article on this in National Geographic a few months back. Fascinating article, I highly recommend it. Singapore is far ahead of the US when it comes to stem cell research.

5. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I never understood why they were so against stem cell research...
    On the news once, some guy who was against the research was going on about how they didn't want to raise false hope for people with the disease now.
    He said something like "Why should we raise hope for the people with (insert disease here) when the cure would be 40 years away??"

I was just shocked at that. "If we can't have a cure immediately, why bother!?" seemed to be the message he was conveying. I was just... :eek:
    (IIRC, I started yelling and cursing at the TV.)

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

It's because they believe so strongly in the sanctity of life. :eek:

7. Chacala_Nayarit thread starter macrumors 6502

Chacala_Nayarit

[​IMG]

Once this guy is gone, I hope the USA will return to science by 2050. :(

8. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences.

Unfortunately of those who are religiously against any form of medical research, such as stem-cell research, are able to voice and persuade the views and decisions of those in high Government positions IMO.

9. Chacala_Nayarit thread starter macrumors 6502

Chacala_Nayarit

Thank you.

What would keep those religous nutcases voices silent, is if they had no voice - c4, anthrax, nerve gas, firing squad, or whatever it takes.

My commandante Chavez has kicked the fundamentalist nutcases out of Venezuela, and he is going to kick George Bush's ass!

Chavez, Castro, Lula!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!