Alleged first photo from iPhone 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chumawumba, Apr 30, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

chumawumba

So my friend at Apple sent me this picture claiming the has a 'prototype iPhone 5S' , i doubt it, but here is the picture. Is there any way to tell what photo took the photo?

Attached Files:

2. macrumors P6

Intell

Unlikely, the EXIF data doesn't match up with current iOS EXIF data and it appears to have been tampered with.
    Screen shot 2013-04-30 at 9.55.59 PM.jpg Screen shot 2013-04-30 at 9.56.03 PM.jpg Screen shot 2013-04-30 at 9.56.48 PM.jpg

3. macrumors 603

scaredpoet

It's also a 7.9 Megapixel image at f/2.4, making it more likely to be a photo from an iPhone 4S/5 camera.

Or if it IS a 5S, then the camera is nothing to write home about.

Also: highly doubtful that an Apple employee testing an iPhone 5S would be using a Windows desktop, let alone 8 year old software on that Windows desktop (Adobe CS2 Windows came out in 2005).

4. macrumors 604

lordofthereef

Here is my input:

If this guy is unwilling to tell you anything about the phone, which I am sure he is, who really cares? It's a picture of nothing of consequence, and it's not really that impressive. Whether it is legit or not, I don't feel it tells us anything.

5. macrumors 68000

On a brighter note we should focus on the fact that it's a picture OF an iPhone 5s.

Round is revolutionary. Eat your heart out, Android.

6. macrumors G5

Macman45

That roundel is clearly a PS job...A stuck on part of the picture...If that's an IP5S I'll eat my hat.:D

7. macrumors 68030

ET iPhone Home

It looks like a mouse pad.

8. macrumors 68000

Defender2010

An Apple beer mat...how charming

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

chumawumba

Sorry for the confusion! But this photo wasn't taken using CS2, but I merely used it to change the size of the image for when I tried uploading the picture my friend sent me, the size was to big to upload. I checked EXIF data on the image he sent me, and the only difference I see is that instead of CS2 for software, it says "Innsbruck".

10. macrumors P6

Intell

Still not an iOS EXIF. Upload the original.

11. macrumors 65832

SR45

Key word is "Prototype"

Apple makes many so called prototype, so not to get really excited by some prototype photo, specially that one you posted. Not much to go on ;)

12. macrumors 6502

NiKeZz

"The iPhone 5s. A revolutionary design. The design concept came from that of a bowling ball."

13. macrumors 603

scaredpoet

Either way, lordofthereef is right in that this picture is kinda pointless. it's not well lit and not steadily taken, and it's down-sampled. So, we're not getting to see how good (or bad) the image sensor is on this camera. And it tells us absolutely nothing about the iPhone 5S

Even down-sampled, there's an awful lot of noise.

14. macrumors 6502

Hey guys my cousin who is a janitor for apple (he cleans the east side 3rd floor woman's) just sent me this saying its the iPhone 5s prototype. I'm pretty confident it is because he's never lied to me since lying about having the iPhone 5 prototype.

Attached Files:

15. macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

I'm 100% sure he means the picture was taken BY an iPhone 5S, it's not a picture OF one.
    It's to perhaps show that the 5S has improved camera specs? That would be no shocker for an "S" revision.