Alleged Images of iPhone 6 Chassis and Manufacturing Molds Surface

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 13, 2014.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

A new set of leaks showing alleged manufacturing molds and chassis sketches of the iPhone 6 have surfaced on Chinese microblogging site Weibo [Google Translate, via GforGames].

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The photos are said to come from a factory belonging to Apple manufacturing partner Foxconn, as the first set of images show very detailed drawings of the chassis for a smartphone-type device, while the second set images are said to be of the manufacturing die used for Apple’s next-generation iPhone.

[​IMG]
    While the validity of the images cannot be confirmed, the leak follows a number of others in the past few months. Last month, another set of images posted on Weibo depicted an alleged iPhone 6 model under development at Foxconn, while Japanese magazine MacFan published alleged design drawings of what appeared to be 4.7-inch and 5.7-inch iPhone 6 models. This was followed by a photo reportedly showing cases designed for the larger next-generation iPhone that were consistent with the design drawings.

Apple is expected to ship the iPhone 6 later this year, which has been heavily rumored to come in two different sizes: 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches. Recent reports have noted that the smaller 4.7 inch version will ship in the third quarter of 2014, while the larger version may ship later this year or early next year due to production challenges.

Along with a larger screen, both models of the next-generation iPhone are said to include a thinner design, new A8 processor, Touch ID fingerprint sensor, 1GB of RAM, and an improved camera with optical image stabilization.

Article Link: Alleged Images of iPhone 6 Chassis and Manufacturing Molds Surface

2. macrumors 65816

3. macrumors newbie

Tim Cook: "We're going to 'double down' on secrecy"
    Meeeeeh...

4. Guest

keterboy

Oh man. Based on this, tomorrow someone will already come out with a Case for it.

5. miniroll32, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014

macrumors 6502a

miniroll32

Blurry AND a very convincing mould? 2-for-1 there.

(Ironic than since Cook said Apple was "doubling down", we've had around twice as many leaks!)

6. macrumors newbie

7. macrumors 68000

8. macrumors 6502

Menopause

9. macrumors regular

I guess you can say that they're tripling down on leaks :cool:

10. macrumors 6502

This A8 chip better be spiffy. I'm surprised this new phone will still have 1gb of ram.

11. macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

So can anyone read any new information from this? I'm trying to figure out screen size or thickness but the pictures' quality is too low.

It looks like the sides are angled rather than completely rounded like in the other supposed leak and the renders based on them.

12. macrumors 6502

13. macrumors 6502a

I have to say i'm absolutely loving the validity of all these rumours, it's like they've undoubled down on security at apple.

The larger iPhone looks like the absolute perfect size for me from the back and am hoping an edge to edge display is in the works.

14. macrumors 6502a

Disappointed in the lack of scale reference :(
    But hey, beggars can't be choosers

15. macrumors 65816

furi0usbee

Wait... molds for what? I thought the iPhone's aluminum body was fashioned from a solid piece of aluminum? So the 6 is going plastic on us?

16. macrumors 65816

dec.

17. macrumors member

I am like you regarding the 1GB RAM. My guess is they are either squeezing every ounce of battery life out of it or they have not been able to bring the power consumption down enough to allow more RAM.

Either way, I believe power consumption plays a major role when deciding RAM.

18. macrumors 6502a

They still use Office 2003 and don't seem to care about the "secrecy".

19. macrumors 6502

20. macrumors newbie

Liquid Metal?

21. macrumors 6502

This means absolutely nothing to me. Still better than the cases.

22. macrumors 6502a

fullauto

Much prefer the tapered edges over the previously reported 'round' ones. True 'air' style.

23. macrumors 601

goobot

The 1 gig of ram was nothing more than a guess from an analyst, it means nothing.

24. macrumors 68030

needfx

now if only my eyes could make a virtual model out of that

#google glass

25. macrumors 6502

If this was true, the iPhone won't have rectangular or rounded edges but rather something like 45 degree edges.