Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Simplicated

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
theirs actually glows in different colors which implies that u got a missed fb notification (blue), whatsapp notification (green), phone call (yellow) etc. without having to look at the phone. so there is actually some kind of innovation going on :p

i love it on a friends phone

ive been missing a notification led since 2003 when even my old school siemens phone had it :D

Are you sure that's a Shame-sung phone? The home buttons don't glow. There is an LED that glows, but that's beside the speaker grills. The phone with a glowing home button that I know of is the LG Optimus G Pro.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
The sooner we find out the exact hardware configuration the better.

Even better, just cut to the chase and reveal the display size, that's all many of us are waiting to know. If the same as iPhone 5, there will be some disappointed potential buyers.

I suspect many like myself are still holding out, wondering if a larger display may be a last minute reveal.

olowott

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2011
Dundee, UK
hey check it out

its the leaks parts of the iPhone5s :eek:

Damn, seriously !!:mad:

all you got for me is the home button and volume buttons , why dont we see other phone parts like we apple products :rolleyes:

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
The sooner we find out the exact hardware configuration the better.

Even better, just cut to the chase and reveal the display size, that's all many of us are waiting to know. If the same as iPhone 5, there will be some disappointed potential buyers.

I suspect many like myself are still holding out, wondering if a larger display may be a last minute reveal.

Apple stopped doing last minute surprises a longtime ago.

Simplicated

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
its the leaks parts of the iPhone5s :eek:

Damn, seriously !!:mad:

all you got for me is the home button and volume buttons , why dont we see other phone parts like we apple products :rolleyes:

It will, when it's announced by Apple.

Either of these... attempts to denigrate the competition, while revealing more about the poster than anything else.

Watch out, we've got a badass over here! I love seeing people like you, sounding intelligent and appearing to be making fair judgements, but in the end, you're just trying to portray someone as evil.

Last edited:

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Apple stopped doing last minute surprises a longtime ago.

While that's true, there's no telling what Apples about to do these days. They're in the midst of rather significant internal changes, public scrutiny, doubt, and greater competition than ever.

A bit lost without a highly controversial pitchman, Apple's looking a bit uncertain.

raweden

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2012
One thing doesn't make sense with the photo of the clamped iPhone 5S home button. Nomarly such button doesn't require a 10-pin socket to be connected to the mother board, for example iPhone 4 uses 3 pins (possible for the two states of a button: pressed and unpressed) and iPhone 5 uses only a 2 pin connection.

Why would they fit a 10-pin connection when only two pins are requred at a minimum?

UnfetteredMind

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2012
I don't know about you, but a fingerprint thingamy for my iPhone isn't on the top of my list. I have a laptop with the fingerprinty thingamy, and it's a pain in my... finger. Not entirely consistent. But maybe Apple can work some iFinger magic!

If anyone can properly finger you, it'll be Apple ;)

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
First comment: OMG NO FINGERPRINT SENSORZ?! NO BUY

Second comment: Teh Applez haz lost innovations!

Third comment: BETTER HAVEZ BIGGER SCREENZ PLZ

Fourth comment: Shamsung here i cum these flex cables r not innovative enuff!

Fifth comment (probably from AppleJuiced or someone): You're all idiots.

Sixth comment: APPLEZ IS DOOMED; DRIOD SO MANY NEW FEATUREZ AND INNOVATIVESION

What was the point of that post? every single one of them was wrong. The first 6 comments were positive comments made by people who are excited to be seeing leaked parts of a new iPhone.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
A fingerprint reader for this kind of device would just require a very thin rectangular opening for the user to slide their finger. It's not round in shape to be integrated into the Home button.

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
I think that the 5s will be a disappointment. The form factor will be the same and it will just have some extra bells and whistles. The iphone 6 will hopefully be something all new and more exciting.

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
theirs actually glows in different colors which implies that u got a missed fb notification (blue), whatsapp notification (green), phone call (yellow) etc. without having to look at the phone. so there is actually some kind of innovation going on :p
How can you tell the color of the LED, without looking at the phone? :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.