Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
theirs actually glows in different colors which implies that u got a missed fb notification (blue), whatsapp notification (green), phone call (yellow) etc. without having to look at the phone. so there is actually some kind of innovation going on :p

i love it on a friends phone

ive been missing a notification led since 2003 when even my old school siemens phone had it :D
If your old Siemens phone had the same led notification feature then that's not innovation, it's just another copycat move. Also, Sidekicks made the led notification feature very popular too. The only difference was that Danger used a trackball/button instead of a plain button.

JHankwitz

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Wisconsin
Can someone clear this up for me? I have just gotten used to sloppy journalism that I second guess everything I read now. :confused:

Thanks.

Since the authors don’t have a clue as to what they write about, it's necessary for them to write sloppy and confusing paragraphs. If they wrote clear and succinct, people could later refute what they wrote.

drblank

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2006
First comment: OMG NO FINGERPRINT SENSORZ?! NO BUY

Second comment: Teh Applez haz lost innovations!

Third comment: BETTER HAVEZ BIGGER SCREENZ PLZ

Fourth comment: Shamsung here i cum these flex cables r not innovative enuff!

Fifth comment (probably from AppleJuiced or someone): You're all idiots.

Sixth comment: APPLEZ IS DOOMED; DRIOD SO MANY NEW FEATUREZ AND INNOVATIVESION

I think you need to go back to school and learn the English language. "innovativesion"????? That's not a word.

If you want malware and less quality apps, plus long waiting time for bug fixes, go right ahead and get and Android. The average mentality of an Android user doesn't have a college education and is either a teenager or in their 20's. More mature people with a college degree and money buy iPhones. Apple will release fingerprint ID when it's ready. Is it going to be ready with the next release? Probably a 75% chance. Will they have a bigger screen? Maybe. People know they are working on one, but nothing has surfaced. I've heard that the larger screen might not be released with the iPhone 5S (if that's what they are going to call it). They will PROBABLY release an iPhone 5 update first and maybe a larger screen either at the same time or at a later date. Everything IS speculation. Until they actually release the final product. I would count on them releasing a larger screen version soon, but if they do, great. If not, we'll just have to wait a little longer.

They aren't saying that Flex cables are an innovation, they are just simply mentioning that these are Flex cable parts.

As far as innovation? What? Adding useless features? Most of the Android features are not useful, only a couple of them are. Most of their features are kind of dumb and you'll probably end up not using them.

Bottom line, most Enterprise Customers, Educational Institutions are going with iPhones than Android. For a couple of reasons. Security, reliability, ease of use, quality and quantity of app, quality of support, build quality.

Apple has not lost their ability to innovate. If you think they have, then you'll get shown otherwise. The iPhone, iPad devices are innovations in themselves, and they, like everyone else, is updating the devices to add new features, design changes, component improvements. Apple is always going to come out with later processor designs, screen designs, and other chip designs as they are released to the market. Screen size is and never was an innovation, it's the size of the screen. Apple needs to make sure that when they release a screen size change, that there's enough demand for it as they have to recoup the R&D and production costs. So far, the larger screen models aren't really selling as well as the 4 inch model. But more people do want a larger screen size, but Apple STILL has lots of demand for even the 3.5 inch screen size. I personally think Apple should offer three screen sizes for their top end models and let the consumer choose which size they want, but Apple has to decide if/when they will offer more than one screen size flagship product.

Maybe when you get older, you'll understand my comments. Kids are often easily manipulated because their brains aren't fully developed. But more business professionals are leaning toward iPhones regardless of the screen size.

----------

Since the authors don’t have a clue as to what they write about, it's necessary for them to write sloppy and confusing paragraphs. If they wrote clear and succinct, people could later refute what they wrote.

Well, always be critical of articles written by the media, especially when it comes to rumors. They are simply rumors and they like to create bigger more attention getting articles, regardless of their validity. They are more for our amusement than relying on them for fact. Sometimes these product rumors end up being true about as often as they end up being false.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
Get a life mate!

----------

I've just moved to a windows based Nokia 820 and I have to say, I love it! It's a good middle ground between IOS and Android and it also has some superb features over and above the iPhone. Apps are also a much higher standard ... Less of them yes, but much faster and nicer to use. Anyone contemplating leaving the iPhone ... as an Apple user for 12+ years, I say do it ... Apple really does have a way of tying people in to their world ... I feel like I've escaped lol ... But it's wonderful!

Then why are you still here?....

Mate

tdtran1025

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2011
Ah! the longer flex cable indicates possible wider phone, considering the central position of the home button. This conjectures 5" screen.

kemal

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2001
Nebraska
You can follow the traces. There is another device on the new cable. It is right next to the screw down point. Fingerprint reader or proximity?

chadley_chad

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2004
Nottingham, UK
I think you need to go back to school and learn the English language. "innovativesion"????? That's not a word.

If you want malware and less quality apps, plus long waiting time for bug fixes, go right ahead and get and Android. The average mentality of an Android user doesn't have a college education and is either a teenager or in their 20's. More mature people with a college degree and money buy iPhones. Apple will release fingerprint ID when it's ready. Is it going to be ready with the next release? Probably a 75% chance. Will they have a bigger screen? Maybe. People know they are working on one, but nothing has surfaced. I've heard that the larger screen might not be released with the iPhone 5S (if that's what they are going to call it). They will PROBABLY release an iPhone 5 update first and maybe a larger screen either at the same time or at a later date. Everything IS speculation. Until they actually release the final product. I would count on them releasing a larger screen version soon, but if they do, great. If not, we'll just have to wait a little longer.

They aren't saying that Flex cables are an innovation, they are just simply mentioning that these are Flex cable parts.

As far as innovation? What? Adding useless features? Most of the Android features are not useful, only a couple of them are. Most of their features are kind of dumb and you'll probably end up not using them.

Bottom line, most Enterprise Customers, Educational Institutions are going with iPhones than Android. For a couple of reasons. Security, reliability, ease of use, quality and quantity of app, quality of support, build quality.

Apple has not lost their ability to innovate. If you think they have, then you'll get shown otherwise. The iPhone, iPad devices are innovations in themselves, and they, like everyone else, is updating the devices to add new features, design changes, component improvements. Apple is always going to come out with later processor designs, screen designs, and other chip designs as they are released to the market. Screen size is and never was an innovation, it's the size of the screen. Apple needs to make sure that when they release a screen size change, that there's enough demand for it as they have to recoup the R&D and production costs. So far, the larger screen models aren't really selling as well as the 4 inch model. But more people do want a larger screen size, but Apple STILL has lots of demand for even the 3.5 inch screen size. I personally think Apple should offer three screen sizes for their top end models and let the consumer choose which size they want, but Apple has to decide if/when they will offer more than one screen size flagship product.

Maybe when you get older, you'll understand my comments. Kids are often easily manipulated because their brains aren't fully developed. But more business professionals are leaning toward iPhones regardless of the screen size.

----------

Well, always be critical of articles written by the media, especially when it comes to rumors. They are simply rumors and they like to create bigger more attention getting articles, regardless of their validity. They are more for our amusement than relying on them for fact. Sometimes these product rumors end up being true about as often as they end up being false.

Wow, never read such utter ***** in all my life! You obviously have no experience of using Android but plenty of incorrectly assuming everything else! Being a 45 year old myself and a current iPhone, Andoid and now Windows 8 user, I think I'm qualified to say what utter nonsense your waste of time, worthless views are! When people talk about isheep, it's people like you they're referring too ... which is a shame as this tag just devalues Apple even more (although for the past 2 years thats all apple have been doing themselves!) Anyway, I'd coment more but there's just so much typical isheep nonsense I don't have the time; other than to sy innovation ... Haven't seen any f hst from apple fr some years ... and as or useless features with android; you may think they are, others don't, point is, they have them in abundance, which is more than could be said for Apple. I'd rather have features I didn't use than not have the option for them in the first place.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Surely you're not serious?

He was serious...And stop calling me surely!

----------

theirs actually glows in different colors which implies that u got a missed fb notification (blue), whatsapp notification (green), phone call (yellow) etc. without having to look at the phone. so there is actually some kind of innovation going on :p

i love it on a friends phone

ive been missing a notification led since 2003 when even my old school siemens phone had it :D

This is one thing I'd really love on the iPhone. How hard could it be to integrate a a color coded notification light into the white square portion of the home button? It would be very useful and not tacky if done subtle.

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
What is a "Blackberry?"

It's a fruit

Blackberry_fruit.jpg

Not to be confused with one of these, also a fruit...

fem.jpg

nathanpdx

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
Android Ponzi scheme

A recent survey says that for every Apple user who plans to switch to Android there are 3.4 Android users who plan to switch in the reverse direction to Apple. This could mean Android user base growth is entirely dependent on regular phones upgrading to smart phones and when smartphone adoption reaches a saturation point the high rate of Android abandonment will start bleeding out Android like a Ponzi scheme with no new victims to prop it up.

SPUY767

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2003
GA
A recent survey says that for every Apple user who plans to switch to Android there are 3.4 Android users who plan to switch in the reverse direction to Apple. This could mean Android user base growth is entirely dependent on regular phones upgrading to smart phones and when smartphone adoption reaches a saturation point the high rate of Android abandonment will start bleeding out Android like a Ponzi scheme with no new victims to prop it up.

The overwhelming majority of Android smart phones sold are crap-tastic giveaways for free with a contract. Eventually some people will upgrade to a big boy phone whether it be Android, or iOS, some people will not, but this explains the huge disparity between market share numbers, where Android has the lead, and usage metrics, where iOS devices dominate meaningful smartphone usage.

rGiskard

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2012
Fingerprint reader is a great idea at first glance, but once thieves start to pack pruning shears it's popularity will wane.

BiscottiGelato

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
The best Apple can do for the next iPhone is have deals setup with Visa/Paypal, do NFC payment with fingerprint verfiication. Possibly somehow make it compatible with Visa payWave terminals. With that level of verification, imagine governement starts to certify iPhone as a point of verification and replaces all your gov't IDs (maybe not passports, but at least driving licesnse), etc. Essentially a wallet replacement. AAPL @ $800+ if that happens...

But that's just my wishful thinking...

And people that doesn't know how useful a fingerprint reader is... It's the best thing since slice bread when your company enforces 13 characters+ password, numbers, caps and symbols required. Instead now I swipe and my computer is unlocked. (It's a Lenovo laptop). And of course my iPhone requires a very unsecure 4 digit pin. Any longer it's gonna be cumbersome. Fingerprint verification on a phone would be the best thing since the best thing since slice bread (finger print reader on laptop). Imagine if AAPL holds all the patent around it also. It'll be the defacto corporate phone of choice for a long time to come.

I will upgrade from 5 to 5S if all it got more is a fingerprint reader. Sh_t on the silly 150" screen size stupidness. Bring the fingerprint reader on Apple!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.