allergies?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Apr 2, 2003.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

what allegies plague you macheads?

at this point in my life, all of a sudden after 40 years, i have developed an allergy to soap on certain "sensitive" parts of my body...i have to use lighter non soap or light, (non purfumed) soap cleansers

products like head and shoulders are now out as is dial soap...i have to go buy the more expensive sensitive nioxin hair products and use glycerin soap

somehow, i just don't feel as clean:(

2. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

oh hey, arn, you are an MD!!!

are you a dermatologist?

anyway, this thread would be great for your medical input:D

3. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

food. most of it. like onions (badly), nuts (many types of), cucumber, melons, ... no idea whether some meat products do the same, i never eat meat.

pollen. dust etc. (eyes, skin) .. winter itself or the cold (makes my hand painful) .. smoke.

uh, i don't want to make this list any longer :eek:

4. howard macrumors 68020

howard

havn't found anything i'm allergic too...knock on wood!!!

5. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

i have many allergies. lets see ... ragweed, dustmites, cedar, and cats are my worst. and i love cats so i deal :) i got the test in my arm when i was like 9 or so. there were more, but i can't remember them. the cool part is, since i moved to NC my allergies have become essentially nonexistent except for maybe two weeks out of the year. growing up in TX i had become accustomed to what i dubbed as 'one nostril syndrome' as a fact of life. even when i go back to visit, if i am there for longer than a week, i am miserable.

giaguara, you are like a friend of mine here. he can only go to certain fast food restaraunts and even that is a gamble. he has to make sure they get his special order right 'because i'll die'. haha thats always funny, even tho not really.

6. vniow macrumors G4

Just pennicillin I think, oh, poison ivy/oak/and whatever that last one is and a few plants that grow around spring but that's about it I think..

7. peterjhill macrumors 65816

peterjhill

Lot's of allergies. Dust, animal dander, pollen. Taking Allegra and some perscription nasal spray that works really well, but I can't remember the name.

I hate it when I use a public bathroom, like in a restaurant, and all they have is perfumy soap. WTF, that **** stinks. Or when I am on a bus and someone comes on wearing a ton of perfume or cologne. Hey, If I can smell it 10 feet away, it's too much.

So, yeah, I have allergies

8. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

yikes, and you live in poison oak central

imagine if you lived in nyc or something...no poison oak everywhere you turn

hey, any luck on the job search?

9. vniow macrumors G4

Heh, yeah, I've already gotton it about three times since I've lived here, not fun at all, last time I had to get a shot because it was showing no signs of going away anytime soon.

No luck on jobs yet, I had an interview at Safeway about a week ago, but I didn't get it.[​IMG]

10. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

try the mac store where mischief works, in capitola on 41st

there is also a mac repair shop near cafe pergolesi's in santa cruz...not too far from the nickelodeon

you have great techie/mac skills

besides computers, what are your other skills?

11. vniow macrumors G4

Ha, thanx, I've taken apart my blueberry clamshell more times than I can remember and it's working the same as when I bought it, I found a Digital Audio G4 on Spymac awhile ago with a bad CPU, fixed it up and sold it on eBay for about a $250 profit or so, I'm about to do the same with a 500Mhz G4 server without a video card, RAM or PRAM battery, beats not making any money I guess and I might have to end up selling my iBook because I could easily get $400 out of it and the way everything seems to be going, that's $400 that I don't have so I may not be able to afford to keep it for much longer.[​IMG]

As for my other skills...heh, that's a good question.

I'm really interested in music, but I don't play any instruments (except for the microphone, does that count?) and I dabble in graphics/video stuffs, but nothing too serious....

meh

12. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i never really had allergies... until maybe a year and a half or so ago... i live in nyc.

not sure if all that stuff floating around in the air for months was the cause or not.

13. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Southern Louisiana is hell on allergies & sinus sufferers. I've lived with sinus problems since I can remember. The worst times of year are Spring & Fall. Lots of pollen in the air, as well as other crap flying around. If it weren't for my sinuses, I'd almost never be sick.

For me, it's always been pollen & freshcut grass. I used to be allergic to almonds (which would make my throat swell up, not fun), but it's been years since I've known for certain.

14. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

15. janey macrumors 603

janey

allergic to celery (!!! can anyone tell me why?!) and strong smells bug the hell out of me (i.e. my mom's perfume) and of course dust and pollen as usual. it's actually pretty okay, allegra and advair really work for me.

16. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

penicillin and crustaceans

the crustacean allergy happened all of a sudden when I was 17.

17. medea macrumors 68030

medea

As far as I know I have no allergic reactions to anything, but I do have pretty bad sinus problems sometimes, especially at work because it pretty dusty in the office.

18. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

I'm allerigic to macs. I always go into shock when I'm near one.. you should see me twitching on the floor of the apple store... really neat..

19. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I remember growing up my grandmother would walk me through fields with poison ivy, nevered bothered me!

20. janey macrumors 603

janey

lol chi...are you serious?!

21. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

same here...... but bannanas sometimes make the roof of my
    mouth feel raw, does that count?

22. janey macrumors 603

janey

23. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

but it barely ever happens, and only when I eat bannanas.

I think the pesticides that are put on the bannana peels are
    soaking through (And since my mom buys all organic) I am not
    used to and pesticides on my banannas, so my mouth can't take
    it. Just my theory. :)

24. janey macrumors 603

janey

lucky you...the last time i ate celery completely by accident was during thanksgiving...in the stuffing...it was a nightmare.

25. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

ewwwwwwwwwwww celery is gross.

Salantro (sp.?) is too :D.