Almost a eBay froud

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mymemory, Oct 5, 2005.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Well, two weeks ago I won an auction for an iPod mini. The person sent the iPod to my place, when I got it it was very dirty (used). In the description said "barely used, only a few weeks", but this iPod came without headphones, only a brand new set of USB cables in its box. Of course it was stolent.

I aks for a refund and the person didn't want to. Then I realized it was a kid selling the thing. I complained with Pay Pal and the arrengement was to send the iPod back to him for a refund. He accepted but after I asked him for the original receipt, of course he didn't have one even it was "a few weeks old".

So, I sent the iPod back with the big mistake that I didn't use a tracking number. Afoprtunatly, the person lives 10 minutes from my place here in Miami.

I sent the iPod last Thursday and he got it on Friday. I wrote him on Monday and he said he didn't get it yet.

Yesterday (Tuesday) when I see his auctions he have been selling the iPod since Saturday already.

So, I went to his house at 8PM but no one there. At 9 his uncle arrives and I talked to him with the printed eBay sheets and emails in my hand.

This morning I got a message with the refund in Pay Pal. And then I gave him his negative feedback on eBay.

So, get a tracking number next time. At list I knew the person was close by and I know that people get really scared when dealing with a 6'3" bald guy who is actually upset and that was my second option.

Well, just to let you know.

2. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

haha- good for you showing up to his house! talk about taking it in to your own hands!

have to be careful...

3. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Wow!

What a little twerp!

I hope he gets his cummupence... :p

4. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

Well, this morning the guy wrote me:

"you dont understand the patience it is taking me from writting you threatening emails to you or threaten you like you did me im not like you and dont think im a little kid 18 you make me laugh see people like you give me the chance to exercise my patience and not be 18 kind of how you acted so all i have to say is please refund me the paypal with your money i sent you last night (since i didnt learn until this morning upon checking my feedback that you went to my house)or i will be sending all of your threatening emails you sent me to paypal and its set in stone on my feedback that you took money outside of paypal so dont get clever.see the difference between me and you other than that i have an education and graduated the second grade at least is i go about things legaly because even though i know where you live you ll never see my face."

Well, his English is worse than mine to start with.

Then, I do not know from where he got he paid me twice! I didn't get any money from his uncle if that is what he meant.

After I saw the money was back I gave him a negative feedback of course and he got pissed. I closed the action in Pay Pal and got my money back.

I cannot belive this guy. He got the iPod back last Saturday, instead giving my money back he placed on eBay again. Now he wants his money back because he thinks his uncle paid me last night. I am going to live him suffering for a while until he talks to his uncle and realize nothing was done.