Almost Got My First Conversion...

Discussion in 'Community' started by SamIchi, Aug 19, 2005.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2004
    I talked to my friend for about an hour today online about gettin a mac. He's considerin' it. :D

I haven't actually got any of my friends to get one. but this might be the first.
  2. sambo. macrumors regular

Jun 2, 2004
    outback, far from the surf
    hehe... onward stevies soldiers.... :rolleyes:
  3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Nice. Just had the extended family 'round and I think I just converted three of them simply by showing them the iMac and telling them about the no-virus thing. They love the all-in-one concept.

Looks like I'll be a busy boy this next week going between family members and Apple stores.

Just keep pushing SamIchi. Good work. :)
  4. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    I can just see this in a few years time, pairs of people, wearing jeans and mock-turtlenecks, nametags hanging from those apple-branded press lanyards, handing out small paperback abridged copies of "the second coming of steve jobs," white headphones dangling from their ears and carrying small, slim messenger bags as they go from door to door trying to convert....
  5. scarlco macrumors member

Aug 2, 2005
    Ossining, NY
    Mock turtlenecks? Oh, no. They'll be donning the finest specimens of Apple brand iMocks, the newest in mock turtleneck style, in a shade of gray similar to brushed aluminum, with a ice / snow white Apple logo embroidered on the left side of the chest. Not beige, not white... icy snow white. That's what they'll be wearing as they stick their berkinstock clad foot into the door of random people on a warm Saturday morning in Suburbia, USA. ;)

Got a co-worker to go mac recently, myself. Brand new 14" iBook, immediately stolen by her son, replaced with another new iBook. Extremely jealous, I went around screaming for her to adopt me.
  6. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

Mar 13, 2005
    I think I have convinced my girlfriend's dad to get a mac mini when their main computer dies (which, btw, could be sooner than later! especially if I don't fix it for them!:p), after he just took one look at my PowerBook when I first got it! :cool:

I keep showing my mum my PB and trying to get her to use it so she can get a good feel, I think she may consider a Mac for her next computer, but we only got our recent main HP desktop in October, and our last desktop lasted us 6 years!
    Ah well, the thought is planted! ;)