Almost in the top 500!

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by BrandonSi, Nov 16, 2005.

1. BrandonSi macrumors regular

on my 3rd week, #535, look out people :)

How is everyone else doing?

oh, and I hate tinkers :)

2. kwajo.com macrumors 6502a

kwajo.com

Congrats! you're really pilling up the points quickly, i've been going about 5 days now and am at 900, not as impressive a rate as you, but I'm giving it my all :p

3. KingSleaze macrumors 6502

4. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

Nice, keep it up. Right now I'm struggling to break 200, but I've been folding off and on for awhile.

5. BrandonSi thread starter macrumors regular

Well I happen to be responsible for desktop architecture for my company, which means I have a little lab with about 8-9 pc's I use daily that I get to load the client on. I only have my 2.0ghz G5 iMac and a 866AMD at home running the client. Cheating just a bit, but it's for a good cause.

6. kwajo.com macrumors 6502a

kwajo.com

exactly, this is one competition that I don't care if you're beating me, or cheating, cause everyone is a winner in the end.
    oh god did I just sound as much like a cliche as I think i did :eek: lol

btw, how does the speed in folding compare between the AMD and the iMac. obviously the iMac is faster overall, but I have heard things about the folding client being faster (as in more efficient) in the x86 coding, or maybe this was just an anti-mac comment made to me, I dunno

7. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

Having recently (2002 colon, 2004 burst gallbladder, 2005 liver) survived 3 major surgeries of which 2 were for cancer (colon and lost 70% of my liver) I welcome as much from everybody as we can get. I just recently added our new G5 X-serve dual 2.3 to the fray and I've shot up the list to number 126 from 175 in just a month or so. (it's harder to climb the higher you get). My Point/Wu ratio has been steady at about 165, and the X-serve eats 200+ point Gromacs and Tinkers on a steady basis.

The competition is secondary, just bring the Folding on and on and on... let's get a cure for this crap :D :D

8. kwajo.com macrumors 6502a

kwajo.com

I feel the same way, I've lost family members to cancer and I feel like doing what I can so that as few people have to suffer from the disease as possible. I'm really excited to check my folding results when I wake up every morning and I've even started looking at CPU upgrades for my old Sawtooth G4 (350Mhz) that's just not cutting it doing a WU every 15-20 days or so ;)

9. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I fold mainly with my lowly 1.33 GHz G4. It has gotten me in the top 200 over the past year, but people are gaining on me. I doubt I'll be able to stay in the top 200. Either way, though, I'm giving to a good cause. That's enough for me...

10. kwajo.com macrumors 6502a

kwajo.com

passed the 800 mark last night, 791 with 2 more WUs to be done by dinner :cool:

....i'm way too interested in folding now :p