Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AtHomeBoy_2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
http://www.macsimumnews.com/index.php/archive/apple_files_for_aloha_trademark_in_hong_kong/

Apple files for 'Aloha' trademark in Hong Kong

Posted on Mar 16, 2006 at 4:16pm by Neo
Under the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region’s Trade Mark Search System associated with the ‘The Intellectual Property Department, Apple has filed for the trademark Aloha.

After known Apple trademarks such as Dashboard and Shuffle, the Hong Kong database presents Aloha application 300342279 under International Class 009 representing portable digital electronic devices and software related thereto.

The Government of Hong Kong’s eGazette published on Feb. 17, 2006 has Apple’s Aloha trademark listed in the sixth entry with the ‘address of service’ noted as being from the offices of BAKER & MCKENZIE.

Any idea what this could be? SOunds like maybe a phone? Aloha means Hello. WHat do you say on a phone?.... Hello!

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Sounds like a feature on iPods that lets you wirelessly transmit data between them and between the device and a computer.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Maybe it's the companion technology for Bonjour...automatic disconnecting. It's hard to tell with a name like "Aloha."

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
The Aloha application is old, from December 2004. It was one of the unused replacement names for Rendezvous, along with Opentalk. The record is attached for reference.

Attachments

• aloha.pdf
    97.1 KB · Views: 297

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
I think they are going to make the iPineapple.

Aloha is Hawaiin, and what do they have in Hawaii... PINEAPPLES!
I can't wait, I love Pineapple.

BTW: This is my 500th post. WooHoo!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.