Alpharetta, GA (North Point Mall)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by usedbert, Jun 15, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered online (around 9 am) for pickup in the store. Not really sure what time to get there, or what time we can get inside the mall. Anyone else going?

2. macrumors regular

cc2096

Pre-ordered for July 2nd shipping, but plan on waiting on launch day to see if I can get one earlier. Who else is planning on standing in the FCFS line on launch day at North Point?

Also for anyone that attended launches for either the iPad or the 3GS were you able to line up in the mall or did they force you to line up outside until the store actually opened?

3. macrumors newbie

North Point Mall Camp Out

I didn't get a chance to pre-order on the 16th, so when I get off of work on the 23rd (6pm). I will check to see if people have already started to camp out. I was planning on getting out there around 4am, but push come to shove I will be prepared to get out there a little earlier than 4am.

I was out there for the 3G launch, and it was a complete MAD HOUSE!!! I don't remember what time released the 3G, but I think I arrived around 6:30-7:00. There had to be 100+ ahead of me, and I ended up staying in line for 7 hours. I learned my lesson from that experience, so I think I will be out there much earlier this time.

Follow me and hit me up on Twitter @drew801 if anyone decides to camp out as well. I'll be there! :apple:

4. macrumors regular

cc2096

I actually contacted the mall management and they said they were going to provide me with their plans next week as far as where they will stage the line and when they will allow entrance to the mall. I will post here when I get the info and you can follow me on Twitter @MrD1sturbed. I was planning on heading out around midnight to check the scene. If there are any people in line then I will go ahead and get in line then. If not i'll probably check back around 0200. Gonna be a long night, but it'll be worth it in the end. I camped for the 2G and 3G, but I had the 3GS delivered. Would have rather had the 4 delivered but sh*t happens.

5. macrumors newbie

Talked to a guy at apple and he said to get one, you must be there by 6:00am and the mall doors open i think at 6:00am. maybe 5:30am. I will be there! i got a phone reserved though. FYI if you reserved your phone you are going to get your phone for sure on the 24th. (according to the apple employee)

6. macrumors newbie

Reserved Phone.

So, if you reserved for North Point, what do you think would be the best way to get the phone? I don't really want to wait in line all day, but I am worried about not getting the phone if I arrive at like 5 PM. Any thoughts on this?

7. macrumors newbie

Well what I heard from the apple employee, he said u are for sure To get it before store closes. So u can go at 5pm but be sure u can get through the line before it closes. Sooner the safer.

8. macrumors newbie

Why are people who pre-ordered camping out? Is there a risk of not getting a phone even if you did pre-order? Will they separate the crowds into 2 lines (pre-orders and FCFS)?

9. macrumors newbie

They have a regular waiting line and a reserved/preordered line. People In regular line are camping out

10. thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there an update on this? I don't want to get there at 4 and not be able to get in line till 6.

11. macrumors regular

cc2096

I have not heard back from the mall management. I actually won't be waiting anymore as my supposed to ship by July 2nd pre-order actually shipped for the 24th. If you want to contact the mall here is the guy that emailed me back.

J.F. "Nick" Nicolosi, General Manager - North Point Mall - 1000 North
    Point Circle - Alpharetta, GA 30022
    770.410.3440 - Office Nick.Nicolosi@ggp.com

GL to all those who will be waiting on Thursday morning. BTW I also stopped by the store today and spoke with one of the genius's who told me that they are getting enough in to fill their pre-orders with plenty to go around for the FCFS line. He even said that they will probably have enough to last into the 2nd day of sales. Take that for what it's worth;).

12. macrumors regular

Huh? I wonder how this happened. Was this a new line or replacing another line on AT&T? Just curious why mine didn't ship.

13. macrumors regular

cc2096

14. macrumors newbie

Is there a huge difference in the amount of stock Apple stores will have opposed to ATT stores? Would it be worth the drive all the way to Alpharetta just to be on the safe side if they really are going to have plenty of FCFS stock?

15. macrumors regular

cc2096

I can tell you for a FACT that the Apple Store is your best bet. They will be getting way more stock than any AT&T store.

16. macrumors newbie

Went by mall office today. (Tuesday)

Door by mall office (under food court, near Starbucks) will open at 6:30. Everyone will go to Apple Store for next line. Forgot to look outside to see if anyone was camping out yet.

So what's the Twitter hashtag going to be?
    My thoughts: #ip4np #iphoneNP #iphonenpmall
    I will do outgoing tweets from my old phone, won't receive any until iPhone is setup (unless iTouch is in range of wifi). @mlanham

Woke up today thinking about & had Major Doh! moment:"Awwww, two days, Not Tomorrow!!!!!!!" :eek:

17. macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

well at this point apple store will be the ONLY store that will have iPhones so yeah.. has anyone heard if they will allow people to start a line from tomorrow? most malls say they're gonna kick people out if anyone's there before 6am

18. macrumors newbie

Thanks for that info! Looks I'll be there a little before 6:30. I will drive pass the mall tomorrow when I get off to see if people have already started to form a line.

I'll start my pre iDay tweets when I get off!

I like the second hashtag: #iphoneNP

19. macrumors newbie

Yeah. I am in for #iphoneNP as well. I should be arriving around (if not before) 6:30. I am just hoping that it won't take too terribly long...

20. macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

i keep checking this thread.. please if there is any more info post it here or twitter me at @elo228 thanx.. i don't want to go there and try to camp if they're gonna kick me out at 9 pm and then wait till 6am ugh!!

21. macrumors member

Hey guys, I'm planning to be there by 3-4am no matter what, as I've been a night owl lately, I think I can handle this. However, I do know there's a convenient way to notify you guys over twitter with that # thing, but I am not sure how to do this. If somebody helps me with that, I'll keep you guys updated throughout the morning...

...and I believe if we all work closely together here, we can walk away with one before noon...in the meanwhile, please watch this video here from another mall...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iiy1WgTQxKQ

Possible for us to get into those lines before opening hour? :confused:

22. macrumors newbie

ok so im camping out tomorrow and i was planning on being there at 7 at night tom ha just to be COMPELTY sure because im an 18 yr old guy but i will CRY LIKE A BABY if i dont get the iphone ha everyone is like its ok you just have to wait a little bit longer but i CANNOT haha i talked to apple guy today and he said line starts outside american girl and none of them know at all how many they will have after reservations/pre-sales because there not even getting them in until like 4 am thurs morning!

23. macrumors newbie

North Point Mall

The one thing that has me puzzled is the lady at apply I spoke with today on the phone stated that yes the line will start outside the mall at the main entrance and then they will open the doors and basicly it will just be a mad dash to be the first to the store. I hope this is not the case, I don't want to be in the top 10 outside the mall and then be like 50th cause my fat a@@ can't run that fast.

I had also called the radio shacks to check on the status of my name on the list and they had already received there phones and called the people that were getting them, so I'm quite sure the Apple store already has there phones in. I think they will have less than 150 phones and over half will be the 32g as they are hopping folks that can't get a 16g will fork over the extra 100 bucks to get their hands on the iPhone 4

I missed the preorder by a few min and I have already sold my 1st gen Iphone so I will more than likely arrive about midnight. I will be driving by tomorrow evening around 6 or 7 to see if there is any kind of line just yet.

24. macrumors newbie

I talked to a guy in a security uniform at the mall office. I asked "It won't be a mad dash to the Apple Store, will it?" He laughed & said "No, there will be lots of security and police."

But I guess we should plan for anything...

25. macrumors newbie

Yup, I decided to look at other forums from previous years and it looks like they may hand out numbers to the folks in line outside the store or only let a few in at a time so that the line remains orderly..

What time are you planning on arriving