already downloaded and bought from itunes but...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by savanahrose, Jan 30, 2007.

1. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

I need to ask just 2 questions. I searched the forum and google for the answer but at 2 am, too weary to read them all.

I bought and downloaded a tv episode from itunes. But then I had to redo my hard drive and I seem to have lost it. Do I have to buy the episode again?

I do have it on my husbands ipod still but how do i get it back onto my computer?

Thanks for the help.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

With newer iPods (like yours) then even this shouldn't be necessary. When you plug in the iPod it should tell you that there is purchased material on the iPod which is not in the iTunes Library, and offer to copy it back to your computer. This only applies for materials purchased from the iTMS.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Good point.

I'm not sure how this works on a single PC/Mac though. I know it works if you try to transfer purchases on a second PC/Mac that has iTunes authorized to the same account.

FWIW I tried a simple experiment. I synced my iPod, "lost" an M4P file to the desktop and tried "Transfer Purchases", but it didn't restore the file, so it's doesn't seem to have general applicability for recovering files even though it might well do the job here.

B

5. savanahrose thread starter macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

Thank you all for the replies. I will try all that you suggest.