Already have a Cingular Contract

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by karebihun, Apr 3, 2007.

1. karebihun macrumors newbie

So what happens when you're already signed with Cingular for the next 1 1/2 years? Wonder if I have to break my contract and sign a new one.. I dunno if I'm allowed to switch plans during the duration of the contract.

2. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

Don't have to drop any contracts. Just take the SIM card out of your phone, go to the apple store, buy the iPhone, stick the SIM card in the iPhone. Turn it on!

3. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

Not necessarily. We don't know if apple is going to be selling the iphone without a contract.

To the OP, you may be able to add on the contract to your existing one, making it a 3.5 year commitment on your part! :eek:

4. karebihun thread starter macrumors newbie

oh noes! 3.5 year contract? Might as well sell my soul to Cingular

5. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

cingular does not allow you to do that. Only way to get the iPhone is the OP going to have to pay some extra cost because he can not start a new contract.

Cingular only lets you upgrade with in like a month of your contract going out.

6. LoganT macrumors 68020

Well my contract doesn't go up until June 2008.

Should be enough time to save up.

7. mustard macrumors 6502a

mustard

I have been told and I have upgraded after a year into my contract - I was told by a Cingular employee that after one year in to your contract you just tack on (x) month's in order to make your contract 2yrs in order to get the new phone/contract purchase price.

8. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

Apple is not Cingulars tool. You will be able to buy the iPhone from the Apple Store. Thusly, you will not need a contract.

9. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

True, but what if the Apple reps are able to setup the contract?

10. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

No, Apple has stated that you WILL NEED a contract(I think its a 2 year one, but there might be a 1 year deal also) to purchase an iPhone