also NOT impressed with the new 1.25's

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Grokgod, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

I bought a new 1.25 and I am NOT impressed...

first: this thing ran hot. not just hot like the ti's but hot all over, the ALU distributes the heat even to the palm area and that makes it unpleasant to type with, unless you like hand warmers!

The screen is also of a lesser quality than the Ti's

If yours doesnt work then you have to BITCH till the cows come home, Apple god love them has got to start paying attention to these kind of issues.

It makes it far to scarey to buy a new Powerbook if they are not going to stand buy their products!

There might have to be a mass bitching out done to APPLE by a loosely brought together group of users.

Opps I meant to place this response in another thread of this kind, sorry guys...

But since I am here. anyone notice the difference between screen quality on the Ti and the ALu?

2. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Rezet

I didn't have a chance to use Pbook yet, but my online buddy praises it as the best.
    But I agree about apple support thing.
    It seems like apple doesn't care about it lately. I called them today about Quicktime export problem and about monitor stand by issue, and in both cases I got exactly no help at all. Guy suggested me to run a hardware test.. and that's all. But was quick to offer to buy a freaking extended apple care plan. This is just annoying. They keep sending you to the freking website for help but finding help on their website is harder than passing Calc II.

3. Grokgod thread starter macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

I think that this thread should turn into a ....

an APPLE care , why don't they care thread!

When I should my original Ti, i was shocked to find out that my new Alu was weeks of trouble.

Apple care was little help, I felt that they were merely running me through the hoops til i tired out.

I think that there are alot of people that are getting the run around by APPLE on issues that are very real and that should get attention.

Apple thinks that they have us by the ass because there us obviously nowhere to run to.

The Wintel world, OH Please that is NOT likely. Linux, not for me..

As a side thread to this thread,
    Additional things that I dont like about the ALu...

The freaky feeling keyboard.
    I love the Ti's keyboard, my new 1 giger has a great keyboard, stronger than the old 800, I had... The Alu's keys are like finger nails on a blackboard to me.

The psuedo close lid, call me anal, < I'm anal, but the lid that never really closes is weird to me...:)

I could never get into all the wires coming out of the sides, that was a design change I understand its reasons, but it sure looks the messy mess.

Another funny thing is all the ALu's that do not sit rightona desk..I had 2 ALu's before giving up on them, and both of them couldn't sit without a wobble, Now thats weird!

I think that the Ti will be a classic for the ages, a regular icon that will go up in price as it becomes more difficult to obtain, once the online stores run out.

I was lucky to get my new Ti for about 2000. which is what I sold my 800 Ti for...

I see a few Ti's on sale on ebay for that price.

4. Frisco macrumors 68020

The Titanium Powerbook will become like the Cube--still in high demand years after it is discontinued!

Aluminum looks cheap compared with Titanium.

5. thumper macrumors 6502

thumper

my 17" is fine, sits fine and the screen is fine... the only thing is the graphics card is only 64bit :( new PC notebooks come with 128bit:mad:

6. legion macrumors 6502a

I think you may be confusing MB RAM on board with bitness. Most modern gpus are 128bit or higher (including the ATI M9 (Mobile 9000) and M10 (Mobile 9800) chips) The bitness refers to the bandwidth between the GPU and RAM (internal architecture)

7. Schiffi macrumors 6502a

Schiffi