"alt + tab" in OSX??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by stevo86, Sep 12, 2006.

1. stevo86 macrumors member

wasn't totally sure where to put this but here I go.

I'm wondering if there's a Mac version of Windows' "alt + tab" command? In case you don't know, alt tab switches between running applications... I found one, forget what it was now, but it didn't work when playing WoW. I like to play and still use msn messenger and surf the net. Can't do that anymore now unless I completely exit the game, which _really_ sucks.

2. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

Command + Tab. The command button has the Apple on it.

In WoW, press Command and M to go to the desktop, I think.

3. mooncaine macrumors regular

CMD-Tab also has some nice extras, in case you like 'em, such as:

While you're still holding CMD down and tabbing, you can hit Q to quit an app right away. Nice. Use that every day.

If you really, really want alt-tab switching, just because you like that alt key for this, look up Peter Maurer's "Witch" program. It has lots of options, maybe stuff you wouldn't care about, but it does seem to resemble the alt-tab behavior of Windows, more or less, as its default setting. Alt-tab moves you between any/all open windows, not merely programs, in other words.

4. Groovey macrumors member

Command-Tab switches between different programs, Command-~ (next to the left shift-key) switches between the windows in the active program. This all is just so much better than the alt-tab-sh*t. :)

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

alt+tab will switch between desktops if you have virtual desktops installed.

6. stevo86 thread starter macrumors member